Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63166 Topics
441714 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#301924 - 09/06/09 12:37 PM Graphics card help!
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I needed to buy a graphics card so that i can have two monitors, i got the people at PC world to get stuff that suppose to be compatible, although i have found that since the bit of the graphics card that suppose to screw to the casing is the wrong shape for the casing i will have to use plastic ties to keep it in place.

I put the graphics card in, my computer wouldn't turn on!!!! i tried a few times, it wouldn't turn on, i took it out, it still wouldn't turn on. Now it has turned on and seems to be working much faster and looks better graphics...even though i took the graphics card out, lol. Anyway, I was going to have to take my computer to get it fixed and that would have meant i would have to wait until next weekend and pick it up the weekend after that so two weeks without a computer. But it is on again and working! ok, so maybe i wasn't pressing the on button hard enough, but is that likely? should i try inserting the graphics card again?

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#301925 - 09/06/09 12:40 PM Re: Graphics card help! [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

i will try once more

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#301939 - 09/06/09 02:47 PM Re: Graphics card help! [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ok so i have the card in there fine and installed the drivers, the card has two dsi ports so i put dsi - vga adapters on the end of them and plugged in the monitors- but they don't get any signal. If i put a monitor in the original vga port then it works but the computer isn't detecting the fact that another monitor is connected at all. Any ideas? besides phoning a helpline and probably having to take my computer to the shop? internet didn't tell me anything

#301944 - 09/06/09 03:52 PM Re: Graphics card help! [Re: king tut]
InsideTheWall Offline

Thats certainly strange, as Windows should be able to do this automatically. I would call tech support if I were you, this sounds like the kind of specialized problem only they can help you with.

#301950 - 09/06/09 04:13 PM Re: Graphics card help! [Re: InsideTheWall]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Is the old VGA port built into the Motherboard???

If so, you might trying disabling it in the BIOS.

Also, the best thing to do when installing a new vid card, is to remove any and all old drivers before installing the new one.

#301971 - 09/06/09 08:43 PM Re: Graphics card help! [Re: JustScott]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
If they have Best Buy in your neck of the woods you can call them and they will send the Geek Squad around for a small fee!!!

This sounds like a job for Andy or Alan!!!

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.