Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, forgive777, don64, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63805 Topics
445547 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#301922 - 09/06/09 11:46 AM being overly sensitive
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Guys.

After having a good but challenging night last night, I acknowledge being overly sensitive.

I do - as well as you all do - have reason to be sensitive so this post is not about being being hypercritical. Yes, our bodies were invaded and damaged in our csa histories.

I was in an highly sexual environment last night. I maintained my well-being - only drank one beer even though others wanted to buy me more. I kindly stated my boundaries when others got touchy. I maintained my own boundaries when I got "frisky". I recognized others around me were NOT taking care of themselves but, quickly moved on - I am usually a caretaker.

This morning as I reflect on the happenings from last night with other happenings from years ago in the same environment I was calm and had a great time with others.

During my reflection this morning, I was reading my posts here and I realized I have been overly sensitive.

If I keep my sight on my own beliefs and self-love, I am ok. But, when I look to others and there comments about me then I get all !@#$%^.

I really appreciate this site and all you who are apart of my life.

I have been overly sensitive and I am going to be more relaxed about LIFE.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#301961 - 09/06/09 07:05 PM Re: being overly sensitive [Re: DJsport]
myLuckypenguin Offline

Loc: ohio

#302023 - 09/07/09 07:59 AM Re: being overly sensitive [Re: myLuckypenguin]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
well done DJ

you are taking care of yourself

MJ

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#302024 - 09/07/09 08:10 AM Re: being overly sensitive [Re: michael Joseph]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

DJ,

glad to hear you've had some positive experiences there. And this gives me an opportunity to say that there was that time when you apologized to me about a post or thread and in that same time I saw you apologizing for something in the chat room and something else about something else... anyway, I thought to myself, geez this guy is always so nice, supporting, caring and thoughtful in his posts, why does he feel he needs to continually apologize??? Well, I get it why you do, we all do...but you're a really swell guy and maybe you did some stuff along the line you'd like to apologize for, but the guy I've seen here has nothing to apologize for...just a great guy!

Have a good one,

sono

#302053 - 09/07/09 02:06 PM Re: being overly sensitive [Re: sono]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
DJ,

This is a great topic, it makes me feel good that you have this insight about yourself.

Personally, I feel I am a lot like my mom in the fact that, I wear my heart on my sleaves. Life has hardened my shell, but my interior feels soft.

Androgeny is about balance. I believe it is a never ending struggle to stay comfortable in my own skin by working daily on personal self esteem.

TMI...I have worked with the general public for the last twenty years and there are those that will attack you to simply to inflict there will,(right or wrong)...in order get there own way. (Water off a ducks back, outside of self...doesn't have to be personal).

In the end, I cherish being sensitive...but being overly sensitive, just leads to emotional hangovers.

Boys Don't Cry (Plumb)

island

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.