Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443354 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#301421 - 09/03/09 06:04 AM Re: First T session coming up...any thoughts? [Re: sono]
claretblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Hi Sono,

No worries! Glad you feel at ease with your T; I still find that there are 2 or 3 'one-liners' that my T will come out with every session that will blow my mind away! I make sure as quickly as possible afterwards that I write those sentences down, because in months to come if you need to reference what was said, its written down...Plus, in the months to come, you'll find different unconnecting pieces of the jigsaw--conclusions on what you thought about things that were said in much earlier sessions--suddenly connecting! One thing he brought to my attention only the second time I saw him 2+ yrs ago still reverberates today...

Just make sure, if humanly possible, you try and get some rest after the sessions, as it usually is mind-blowing!

ClaretBlue

#301427 - 09/03/09 07:54 AM Re: First T session coming up...any thoughts? [Re: claretblue]
just me Offline

Good luck today!

#301666 - 09/04/09 05:13 PM Re: First T session coming up...any thoughts? [Re: just me]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,

Thanks again so much for all the great words of support. I really felt like I had a whole crew of people rooting for me to have a good experience. It absolutely was a very good experience. I have talked here on line with so many of you and of course the soul baring experience that writing your story is, which I did twice...ouch!, anyway... that all helped very much to just let me go where I wanted in that first session which was on Tuesday.

It was immediately clear that he would take his cue from me, so I just said, OK well here's what happened to me...and went with it. He mostly listened but very pointedly asked shortly after I began if was completely clear that we were talking about child abuse and not an adult relationship, which while it's an idea I'm working on, it still feels like an easy excuse to be honest, but anyway...I went on and then backtracked to family, and had just gotten into that freak show, when time was up, so we determined that we could get together again on Thursday. On Thursday I mostly wrapped up the family and we'll see now where we go from here with all of that out there. It was amazing to get it off my chest, I can literally breathe more easily.

I'm totally clueless about where the next step goes, but how swell to be on the trip.

thanks again guys,

sono

#301670 - 09/04/09 05:40 PM Re: First T session coming up...any thoughts? [Re: sono]
claretblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Sounds like it was a very good start Sono.

As you've probably gathered from reading everyone's posts it's a long winding road ahead but vital to travel on-with the therapist pointing things out and saying 'Have you looked at that from this angle?' and of course we haven't..

Good sign that you were able to get loads of stuff off your chest too. As the days unfold before your next session, you may well have one or two thoughts about areas you'd like to discuss next time--I write them down, then I dont forget mega stuff I need to mention.

Glad it went well

ClaretBlue

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.