Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (help4aCSAspouse, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12386 Members
74 Forums
63655 Topics
444547 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#301500 - 09/03/09 03:59 PM Need Therapist / Support Group near DuBuque IA
ADR Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest
Greetings. I have a client in the DuBuque, IA area (Iowa/Wisconsin border) who is in dire need of a support group. Because of his schedule and distance, he unfortunately cannot see me counseling. Please advise if you know of any good therapist in that area or support group. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Tony

#301513 - 09/03/09 06:27 PM Re: Need Therapist / Support Group near DuBuque IA [Re: ADR]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Mic Hunter is in St. Paul, which I know is quite a drive from DuBuque. I might guess that there would be some help and possibly a group like SIA or SLAA in Madison but I don't know for sure. Our member Land of Shadow was trying to set-up a group in the Twin Cities in the last few months. The Chicago-area is maybe 3 hours from DuBuque too.

How far is your client willing to drive? I would guess that St. Paul is only a 4 & 1/2 hour drive from DuBuque. It is a long drive to Denver but we have several weekly groups here run by the Wings Foundation to attend too.

Dr Lee Blackwell in Huntington Beach, CA offers counseling over the phone too. http://www.drblackwell.net/index2.html

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.