Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 47 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63118 Topics
441400 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#301682 - 09/04/09 06:46 PM Re: Therapeutic Sexual Assault [Re: Tom S.]
Tom S. Offline

Loc: Nashville, Tn
alan55;
When was the last time you tried in the middle Tennessee region ?
Market dictates that the vast majority of providers, of any caliber, are female and any male providers who might be around are female sympathizing.

I get people placing the blame and burden of proof on my shoulders all the time, but not a one of you live anywhere near here let alone have ever tried to find an individual who can stand the scrutiny, personal or professional, when you tell them you were publicly raped because of a damned female social worker. Not easy to find in ANY region of the US alan.

But you are correct on one count, I am not the only person unable to receive even basic mental health services due to gender.

I could copy the anti discrimination disclaimer sign, helping hands logo and all, posted at the only rape crisis center in the state which excluded gender from its lists of demographics.

Like to see it?

Tom S.

#301689 - 09/04/09 07:28 PM Re: Therapeutic Sexual Assault [Re: Tom S.]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Tom:
I do not know anyone in Nashville (or TN for that matter) who is experienced in treating male survivors of female sexual abuse. I will contact some colleagues to see if there is anyone in TN who may be of help to you and if I get any responses, I will pass them on. I wish you good luck in your efforts to heal.

#302068 - 09/07/09 05:11 PM Re: Therapeutic Sexual Assault [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Tom S. Offline

Thanx Ken, I'll take this as a sincere reply with a sincere response; Thank you for consideration.

Tom S.

#302086 - 09/07/09 08:24 PM Re: Therapeutic Sexual Assault [Re: Tom S.]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
From some colleagues on another forum:

"A competent LCSW in Nashville, TN

Harisson Taylor @ 615.329.9915"

I've got requests in with another couple of therapists in Memphis area and will let you know if I hear of any other info.
Ken

#302191 - 09/08/09 05:25 PM Re: Therapeutic Sexual Assault [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Tom S. Offline

Sorry Ken, but I firmly believe any qualified practitioner should be willing to bill for insurance just like every other provider of mental health and medical services.

I refuse to be penalized by paying for medical coverage and a provider unwilling/unqualified to seek reimbursement.

And by the way...... the # above has been disconnected.

Thank you anyway; Tom S. in Tn.

#302235 - 09/08/09 09:45 PM Re: Therapeutic Sexual Assault [Re: Tom S.]
River Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Nashville,Tennessee
Tom,

I am so sorry that happened to you. I have a therapist friend/ colleague in Brentwood who was sexually assaulted by his therapist. He is a good therapist who would definitely understand. I will be glad to pass along his information if you would like it.

Glynn

#302303 - 09/09/09 08:32 AM Re: Therapeutic Sexual Assault [Re: River]
Tom S. Offline

Oh please, by all means post it here or send me a message. Ask your colleague if they already know or have heard of me. If they practice in this area, I'm sure they have because the female rape crisis/domestic violence folk hate me with passion.

I know I appear jaded and angry by the rest of the community, but the facts remain to speak for them self.
Either a provider can meet the minimum qualification and expectation or they can't. And I've had enough abuse from substandard providers trying to make a living by marketing an image or an illusion rather than being capable of providing the work.

Thank you kindly for any lead; Tom S.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.