Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
1 registered (woodenshoes), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#301017 - 08/31/09 01:49 AM Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I used Google map to get a picture of a house where I was abused.

It was/is right across the street from where I lived. I was 10 years old.

Just type in the address, in this case the house where my family lived. Googlemap will first give you an aerial view of the roof of the houses. Zoom down and then choose to see the house from street level. It will let you turn all around and see the house across the street.

There was a large garage on the left side of the house then. It seems to be gone now. I have no idea why. Abuse took place in the garage and in the house. The dense growth of young trees was not there at the time. It looks creepy now. sick

See my pufferfish story part 4.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Edited by pufferfish (09/01/09 01:13 AM)

#301021 - 08/31/09 02:07 AM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: pufferfish]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh yeah. Allen, I did the same thing with Google maps to view the house of my first abuse last year. Then I had the opportunity to visit the scene of the crime a year ago last June. I was numb from it.

I don't precisely remember the location of the second abuse. It was in an apartment complex.

Wow, just as I am typing this I have recalled some details of the location....off I go to Google Maps!!!

Mike

#301024 - 08/31/09 02:48 AM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: Barkabus]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I looked all up and down Steele St for your old house from 5th up to 52nd. The only place that large 2-story houses like that existed was say from 11th up to 17th, most of the rest were smaller 2-story houses or ranches.

Just to prove that I was there I got this photo off of Google too!!!

Mark

#301030 - 08/31/09 06:02 AM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: Trucker51]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
I did the same a couple months ago. I looked his name up in th e white pages and he was listed as still living in the same house. With the same phone number (I remembered that!).

I then googled the address and clicked "street view" and was LOOKING at the house. It looked much smaller than I remember, and run down too (35 years later...).

I drove by it later that day. I felt strong and wished he would be outside. He wasn't.

Jim

My Story

#301061 - 08/31/09 02:17 PM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: Jim1961]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Allen,

I can only imagine the feeelings looking at that old house can bring up

my uncle abused me in the very house that he now lives in (it was my mom's folks house before they gave it to him) so I get to see it on a pretty regular basis as that is where most of the "family" holiday gatherings are held...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#301091 - 08/31/09 05:45 PM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: Trucker51]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Trucker51
I looked all up and down Steele St for your old house from 5th up to 52nd. The only place that large 2-story houses like that existed was say from 11th up to 17th, most of the rest were smaller 2-story houses or ranches.

You could probably drive by it!

The picture you provided on the corner of Colfax is fairly near where I went to High School.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Edited by pufferfish (09/01/09 12:39 AM)

#301097 - 08/31/09 06:03 PM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: pufferfish]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Guys,

Where my abuse took place was at school. I have from time to time googled it to check it out. The modular home that my class was in is no longer there. But I remember being in one other class were we used to see films. I can remeber it so well because it is a circular building. When I saw it I felt like I was nine years old again. As I view the picture seems like just yesterday i attended school there.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#301102 - 08/31/09 06:58 PM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: michael banks]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is the neighborhood where my family lived when I was 4. The area is totally different now. No we weren't wealthy. Abuse began in a garage. See pufferfish story part 1. Possibly one of the garages shown on the left.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Edited by pufferfish (09/01/09 01:05 AM)

#301125 - 09/01/09 12:05 AM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: pufferfish]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

I can see where this thread has tremendous cathartic potential. I know when my brother and I made that trip back to the place we were abused we published the pictures here on the site. All of you guys provided such tremendous support to us through that process. We owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude.

If I might throw in a cautionary note here, it's probably not a good idea to type in or to show the actual address of the house in question. The reason for that is that any of the MaleSurvivor public side forums is searchable by Google, Bing, and other search engines. Those addresses will be picked up by the search engines and made available to anyone out there on the www. As we all know there are a lot of people out there with very broken boundaries and the current resident of the house may become a victim of unwarranted attack whether they're innocent homeowners or perpetrators.

Sorry to have to ask this but we really don't want any more innocent individuals being hurt. Please remove any addresses from your pictures or postings. Otherwise please continue this thread. Thanks.

John
Site Admin

Edited by walkingsouth (09/01/09 09:11 AM)

#302418 - 09/10/09 12:24 PM Re: Using Googlemap to get picture of place of abuse [Re: WalkingSouth]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Guys.

What a powerful thing to do.

Sadly, I have to say the place I was abused no longer exists. I loved the farm where the abuse took place. Part of my recovery is finding out what parts are the evil ones. I was very fond of the farm life.

I was abused/raped repeatedly (see chicken coop) on my grandparents farm nearly 40yrs ago.

The farm has been out of the family for over 20 years and at that time it was for sale for the 4 time. It was a foreclosure so I can understand why it no longer exists.

I am glad I have the good memories.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.