Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, Robert Barrett, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63182 Topics
441799 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#30090 - 03/17/05 12:58 AM Slight change in behavior
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Has anyone here noticed any changes in their behavior when they have taken a healing step? For example, the way you write? Last week in a group session, I got some of the crap out in the open and was just a mess of emotion amidst everyone. After a couple days I was okay. Progress is progress. But on Monday I found I was writing stuff down different than usual. For years I just scribbled things down on scrap paper while on the phone. Now I use more of the paper and pack things tighter together on the paper. It's not like I made a conscious decision on this, it just kinda seemed right a couple days ago.

An off topic, but I'm curious if anyone has noticed this in themselves when any sense of healing started.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#30091 - 03/17/05 06:02 AM Re: Slight change in behavior
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Hmm, I have noticed a change in the way I write, or at least the subjects. My handwriting is still the same mess it ahs always been, but what I write about is more varied.

Casey

#30092 - 03/17/05 09:04 AM Re: Slight change in behavior
Glen Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I noticed an improvement in my language skills. I no longer feel the need to say F!@k all of the time.
Basically in the beginning I noticed something every
week not so much now though.

#30093 - 03/17/05 01:34 PM Re: Slight change in behavior
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Quote:
It's not like I made a conscious decision on this, it just kinda seemed right a couple days ago.
That, my friend is how the entire process works. Ya don't notice you're going forward till you turn around and see how far you've gone.

Recovery just sort of sneaks up on you little... by little... very... slowly...

Keep it up!

#30094 - 03/17/05 04:33 PM Re: Slight change in behavior
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
Changes do come. I'm a completely different person from when I started this work. My wife says she likes this me better than the old me. It's little things here and there, slowly peeling away the layers that have covered the real person hiding beneath for so long. As more layers peel away, I think you'll like what you become. It's a good thing.

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#30095 - 03/17/05 05:41 PM Re: Slight change in behavior
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Quote:
As more layers peel away, I think you'll like what you become.
YES! Then way down the road you start thinking life is good and and can't get much better... but you keep finding out that it can.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.