Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
6 registered (JW1230, Dave PNW, traveler, CafeMan, 1islandboy, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444202 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#300865 - 08/29/09 11:32 AM I'm confused about Republicans
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

Peter Schiff is more than likely going to run for Senate in Connecticut. The above link shows a brief interview with Mr. Schiff. In it, you get a pretty good idea of what kind of politician he would be.

Here is a guy that actually would act on, and vote accordingly to, the principles that Republicans often speak of; free markets, de-regulation, fiscal responsibility, limited government interference, etc.

Why is it then, that the Republican Party is backing somebody else? http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/eyeon2010/2009/08/gop-support-grows-for-simmons.html

Are Republicans simply lying, contemptuous hacks, as I strongly suspect? Or am I simply confused?

#300886 - 08/29/09 02:47 PM Re: I'm confused about Republicans [Re: Hauser]
Charlie24 Offline

Sadly I feel we have reached a point of no return in our government. What happened to the idea of serving your country and then going to get a job outside of government.

In my opinion, we've reached the point where elected officials have so twisted, contorted, and disfigured what we used to know as a government by the people, for the people to one of self serving purpose to only look out for your own ass.

I for one am thoroughly disgusted with this attitude. The U.S. Government is bankrupt and China and the rest of the world owns are ass. Even Hillary Clinton said we must bow down to the feet of China for more money.

I feel as the majority of congressmen and women serving in our government just want to see what they can get, how much they can milk on money we don't have in our so called Federal Reserve.

What disgusts me even more is the feeling of helplessness in regards to making change. How do we put an end to this mess. Maybe they have one, and this is what they a government so unrecognizable and so hidden under pages and pages of rules, laws and regulations that only serves them, NOT US. GOD DAMNIT!

WE NEED TO TAKE BACK GOVERNMENT!

TERM LIMITS MUST BE MADE Mandatory, as well a cut in salary of 75% or more, maybe that will bring out the one's who really want to make a difference, not make a career, but a service to your country, a duty to help look out for the people who want a government by the people, for the people.

Not this sense of entitlement that somehow has blanketed this country, God Damnit.

Great Topic.

#300895 - 08/29/09 05:09 PM Re: I'm confused about Republicans [Re: Hauser]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser
Are Republicans simply lying, contemptuous hacks, as I strongly suspect? Or am I simply confused?

Hmmmm......

I think you just described politicians period, regardless of supposed political dividing lines.

#300909 - 08/29/09 09:50 PM Re: I'm confused about Republicans [Re: WalkingSouth]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Both major parties are irredeemably corrupt.

I think they were already close to that by the 70s

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.