Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442038 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#300871 - 08/29/09 12:30 PM why he left **** possible triggers
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have been upset especially right after my my former male partner and I split.

I had a bad reaction right after we moved apart. After 6 wks, I made a decision that almost permanent. I am not in that aweful place anymore but, I am having wonderful but, painful revelations about my reaction. It has been 18 months ago since that dreadful day 2-15-2008, when my world fell apart or so I thought it was falling apart.

My ex started dating a guy who has a 9 year old son and his still married or was at the time in mid-2007. I was devastated.

Anyway, I realize after 2 years of serious soul searching and recovery of the affects of my own csa - subconsciously L (my ex) left the hurt little boy in me (L knew about some of the csa) for another boy. This sounds irrational - totally irrational - from an adults standpoint but, it is true.

I am not suggesting any abuse on his part. I am realizing for me why it is was so devasting for him to leave me.

I know in reality why we needed to NOT be together. I know me being on my own has allowed me time to discover me. I needed to not be in a sexual relationship that was unhealthy.

I hope this makes sense. The little Donnie in me was terrified of being replaced. But, I know today DJ is holding and taking care of L-D.

I am off to the state fair today with a very good friend of mine who has two little nephews who are 5 and 10 who might be being abused. I get to be a kid who is growing up and passing on some love to my friend who needs support.

Rejoice with me ok, as I have found another piece of the puzzle that was missing.

DJ

p.s. no criticisms of my revelation ok.

Edited by DJsport (08/29/09 12:47 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#301539 - 09/03/09 09:14 PM Re: why he left **** possible triggers [Re: DJsport]
MFKjr Offline

Loc: Boston, Ma
I'm sorry DJ, I know splitting from an ex can be devestating..learning to cope is the key and not realixing its them that messed up and not you..its easier said than done but its a start..I hope u r well.

Michael

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.