Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
7 registered (finallyhere, tbkkfile, Doubter, 3 invisible), 86 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445344 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 25 of 26 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 >
Topic Options
#272372 - 01/23/09 09:42 AM Re: Come get a standing ovation! [Re: mogigo]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: mogigo
I just finished mentor training for guys about to come into support group, I said my piece that will be a part of a video shown at a survivor conference in march and I agreed to be part of a panel that will answer questions at the conference. I'm not used to feeling any kind proudness for myself, but I am for these things. I think they were the hardest and the most proudest moments of my life.

I'd like a standing ovation please smile

Mike

Just came across this thread, and I'd like to say a few things..

I was at the conference. Not as a suvivor, but as a professional. Professional as in my job. Professional as in hiding. A professional hider, if there is such a word. Although I would spout off stuff to the men I worked with, I was still in hiding. I didn't know about MS. I didn't know how to be a suvivor. Shit, I didn't even know I COULD BE a suvivor.

10 months later, oh how my life has changed. I'm no longer hiding! I'm in T. My wife of 27 years knows now. I hid it from her all these years. But she knows now. So do our sons. And so do my closest male friends. And so do some close colleagues at work because they help me work with my men, who I tell now there IS hope. They are not alone. That 1 in 6 men have been abused, probably more. There are resources, ok, very few resources, but there is hope for a better life. I have MS posters up in my office, and in the offices of my friends at work so that the men they work with will know about MS. I have a mandate from work to develop a program for Survivors. They will know there is hope! They will know they are not alone.

Mike, I've told you before, and I'll say it again here for all to see. You and those wonderful brothers of yours saved my life. You gave me my life back. You gave me hope when I thought it was hopeless. I applauded you then, crying my eyes out. I applaud you now, and I will continue to applaud you for the rest of my life.

MY life, MY life, MY life! I have one now!

Much love and respect to you Mike.
Jim

#288240 - 05/20/09 08:48 PM Re: Come get a standing ovation! [Re: Geeders]
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
I made a topic with almost 43,000 views

I would ask for a standing ovation but I'm happy without one.

cheers

#300633 - 08/26/09 08:54 PM Re: Come get a standing ovation! [Re: Curtis St. John]
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
back to the top for this one... pulled from the basement.

#300645 - 08/27/09 12:52 AM Re: Come get a standing ovation! [Re: Curtis St. John]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, we may as well give Curtis a standing-O for his service to the organization smile

cheer, yell, clap, stomp, scream, whistle, cheer,
yell, clap, stomp, scream, whistle, cheer, yell,
clap, stomp, scream, whistle, cheer, yell, clap,
stomp, scream, whistle, cheer, yell, clap, stomp,
scream, whistle, cheer, yell, clap, stomp, scream,
whistle, cheer, yell, clap, stomp, scream, whistle,

#300760 - 08/28/09 09:47 AM Re: Come get a standing ovation! [Re: WalkingSouth]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Curtis, I'll give you a STANDING OVATION for this one! smile

YAY CURTIS!!!!!!!!

Jim

#300767 - 08/28/09 10:42 AM Re: Come get a standing ovation! [Re: Geeders]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Everyone,

As you may notice, this thread has been around quite some time and has been a source of good fun, affirmation, and healing to many. It seems that he thread is now reaching it's maximum size and will have to be retired.

I've asked Curtis St. John if he wold do the honors of starting "Come Get a Standing Ovation: Part II" where this topic can continue to bring it's delightful regenerative powers to the MS community. That thread is located Here.

Enjoy! laugh

Page 25 of 26 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.