Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
3 registered (Rich1967, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443277 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#300523 - 08/25/09 05:07 PM X-Factor: Simon Actually Applauds
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
This audition is from a Britian singing show. This is a first performance, and the guy does pretty well. For a first audition, he surely commands the stage! In fact, Simon applauds, stands and says some pretty good things! Watch and find out.

J.R.

#300538 - 08/25/09 08:37 PM Re: X-Factor: Simon Actually Applauds [Re: J.R.]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
That was a smashing performance indeed! Brilliant! I would suggest that we will be seeing more of this fellow in the weeks ahead. And for the older crowd, its nice seeing a young guy do homage to an older song, and especially so since the 40th anniversary of Woodstock passed a couple of weeks ago.

On a slightly different note,,,its nice to see a really happy man. Smiling, going through the emotions, feeling. Yup, that was nice to see.

Thanks for the link J.R.!
Jim

#300573 - 08/26/09 08:00 AM Re: X-Factor: Simon Actually Applauds [Re: Geeders]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
No problem, it's great when you see people succeed, isn't it?

J.R.

#300577 - 08/26/09 08:14 AM Re: X-Factor: Simon Actually Applauds [Re: J.R.]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i saw that on yahoo yesterday. i think simon finds it easier to project a softer image in his own home country, but in america, he seems to want to have a reputation for being a lion.

it's amazing the different levels of talent in people. i was watching 5 & 6 y/o kids on youtube playing highly advanced piano literature. mind boggling.

but of course, the victim in me always wants to measure my own talents against those of others, and pout because i didn't get as much as they did; because i've not gained the level notoriety they have. wtf?

i make myself sick sometimes when i do that, and it's frustrating not knowing how much the abuse factors into the equation.

i'm telling you guys, this stuff strikes deep, and follows us, affecting us all through our lives. sometimes it seems i spend my whole life trying to dislodge a tissue stick to the heel of my shoe.

ok, where was i.......

ron

#300594 - 08/26/09 11:59 AM Re: X-Factor: Simon Actually Applauds [Re: Sans Logos]
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Manhattan
JR,

I distinctly remember Simon giving then X-Factor contestant Leona Lewis a standing ovation for her rendition of Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" - well deserved I might add. It's on youtube somewhere...

Cheers,
Jay

Edited by GentleSoul (08/26/09 12:00 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot somethin'

#300668 - 08/27/09 09:11 AM Re: X-Factor: Simon Actually Applauds [Re: GentleSoul]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Hmmm. Ain't music to me. This is my preference- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiH9yXKSMVM

Edited by LilacLouie (08/27/09 09:12 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.