Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63993 Topics
446673 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#302282 - 09/09/09 01:23 AM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: king tut]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
My first "ipod" was a boombox. Yes... carried over the shoulder.

#302294 - 09/09/09 04:55 AM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: Roofus]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Warning! Warning Will Robinson!

Mike Douglas

Phil Donohue

Mad Magazine

And last, but not least,

I need a nap.....

#302295 - 09/09/09 05:45 AM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: Geeders]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

ancient chinese secret, huh?
now try my lanicane?
I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's not nice to fool mother nature
make Mikey try it, he'll eat anything
penny for a gumball Mickey
you sunk my battleship

Ok, I was really, really young when all of those were on the air...I mean like really young...so young I'm surprised I haven't buried the memories...lol!

sono

#302534 - 09/11/09 09:27 PM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: king tut]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Does anybody remember...

Whirlybird helicopter toys?

I mean it wasn't the safest toy ever invented...

...but there is stuff all around us, that is a lot more dangerous...

Work is a Hammer (Helicopter helicopter)

island

#302537 - 09/11/09 10:03 PM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: 1islandboy]
myboyhoodfears Offline

ohh yes...my older brother had one...i played with it often if i remember correctly, it was a red helicopter that was attatched to a stand of some kind which had a controler, via a long thin tube, it came with little plastic objects or bloxes, you could try and pick them up with the little hook on the bottom of the helicopter,..lol....i would get hit with that thing alot...im suprized i never lost an eye....lol

#303196 - 09/18/09 11:59 AM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: michael banks]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
OK, I gotta chime in. I'm going to be old on October 8th -56- so here goes.
I grew up in Southern California, so my winter snow stories are from when we would drive up in my grandparent's 57 Buick wagon and look at it and play a bit in it then get too cold and drive down again.
The milkman came on Friday mornings, early. My mom would keep the used milk bottles in the garage until Sunday night. First she would rinse them out when they were empty,put them in a wire holder (kinda like a 6-pack with a handle over it)and put it on the front porch. She'd write a note for what we needed - butter,mild,sour cream,etc) and leave it for him. In the morning we would get the milk. If it was cool enough in the morning (November to February) we would skim the cream off the top and use it on cereal (cream rises to the top in the cold like that).
We had a huge television - a Dumont-Rumson (they no longer make them). It was black and white and we had the TV guide printed in the daily paper along with the radio guide next to it. If you missed a show,too bad. NO VCR's. My brother and I would get our chores done on Saturdays and watch American Bandstand at 1PM. It was the only national dance program on at the time.
We had no air conditioning - that was a huge luxury. Even JC Penneys, Montgomery Ward's or Sears weren't air conditioned. They had large fans that were ceiling mounted. There were thin ribbons tied to the grating on the front so the workers could tell if it was on.
When we would purchase something in the department stores, the clerk would write down everything you had on a sales slip. She -it was always a woman - would take your money (few people had checking accounts yet)and put it in a small hooked basket along with the sales slip. She would then hook it on a long wire then push it. It slid along the wire to the cashier at the back of the store who would make the change and push it back to the clerk.
Today, we don't show patience in much of what we do. We pace in front of the microwave. We want things now. If it isn't soon enough - screw it-I'm moving on.If someone doesn't do what we want - then to hell with them and we go find another. Sad what we have become. I'm no paragon of virtue. I do a lot of dumb things and then stand there and wonder what went wrong.
Yeah we were the Woodstock generation. Viet Nam. San Francisco. the LA scene. Sit-ins and war protests. A lot of us died in Viet Nam and a lot of us tried to change the way others who had no voice could get a better life.
But we soon discovered that change doesn't happen overnight and we got disillusioned. We tried to make things better, but there were others who introduced drugs and alcohol into the mix and a lot of my generation got hooked on things that would make them never the same.It made their lives messy and jail and probation and now you have a record.I remember seeing Big Brother and the Holding Company (that's who Janis Joplin was with for you younger people). We thought this would go on forever. She believed the lie that heroin would help. I recall watching Jimi Hendrix play and thinking what a master he was. He also believed the lie. He choked to death on barbiturates and his own vomit.Jim Morrison was a tortured soul who couldn't stay clean,either.
Guess I'll stop rambling now.....

#303213 - 09/18/09 03:35 PM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: alan55]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
ha! alun we're practically twins.... i just celebrated my 56th on 9-9. hehehee

how about johnny crawford on 'the rifleman' he was my first crush *sigh* them daze are long gone........

#303240 - 09/18/09 08:02 PM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
All right, another use for The Cannon Diet!!! You could always tell that Cannon was behind you because his car was leaning the wrong way!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6phteRZpLtU

Anyone remember Fizzies candy??? We used to see how long that you could hold one in your mouth.

http://www.fizzies.com/nostalgia.html

Fizzies are back!!!

#303245 - 09/18/09 09:11 PM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: Trucker51]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Valerie Bertinelli
David Cassidy
The Osmond Brothers
Convoy
Streakers
Wildwood Weed (Caught up with him, 'bout six o'clock the next morning, Naked, swinging on the wind mill! He said he flew up there. I had to fly up there and bring him down. He was about half crazy...)
My Ding-a-Ling
Pop Rocks
Barry Manilow
Barnaby Jones

#303276 - 09/19/09 03:31 AM Re: The Over 40 Crowd [Re: WalkingSouth]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
Excuse me... it wasn't the Osmond "brothers" it was "Donny and Marie"

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.