Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (Scott1962), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444051 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#300060 - 08/20/09 10:15 PM Thank God we have government part II
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

#300069 - 08/20/09 11:24 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: Hauser]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Hauser
10 year old girl fined $50 for operating a lemonade stand without a license

How are they going to make her pay?

Debter's Prison?? eek

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#300075 - 08/21/09 12:49 AM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: pufferfish]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Poor judgement for sure. It's easier to mess with a kid, than some adult crimminal.

As a young boy in East Boston, me and my pals were shinning shoes at the main transfer point to get to Logan airport from downtown Boston.

But on the day that i wasn't there, my friend gets caught, and he gives the cops my name instead of his. We both lived at the same address in the projects.

Well my "mom" gets a summons to report with me to a juvenile? (sp)courthouse in downtown Boston for shining shoes without a license. I was probably around 12 years old.

We go and i get a stern lecture. and when we get home a beating, never mind that i wasn't the one that got caught.

But before i moved out from Boston, my "pal" confessed to me that it was him that gave my name. Some pal.

Just another memory from little Pete, admittingly a fond one at that.

The good, the bad & the ugly.

Heal well my fraternal brothers, heal well.

" I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunlight, forever into eternity".

Little Pete & big Pete.. but 1 (Irishmoose).

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#300094 - 08/21/09 08:24 AM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: petercorbett]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Throw the little girl in the clink! How dare she not pay for the greater good!

Amazing that city officials feel they have to tax a little girl's attempt at running such a tiny enterprise. I think the people of that town should take that city hall, and let those officials know they are out of line.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#300140 - 08/21/09 06:22 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: FormerTexan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Why our country is in trouble

A DC airport ticket agent offers some examples of 'why' our country is in trouble!

1. I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman (Carol Shea-Porter) ask for an aisle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window. (On an airplane!)

2. I got a call from a Kansas Congressman's (Moore) staffer (Howard Bauleke), who wanted to go to Capetown. I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information, and then he interrupted me with, ''I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts .''

Without trying to make him look stupid, I calmly explained, ''Cape Cod is in Massachusetts , Capetown is in Africa ''

his response -- click.

3. A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando . He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that's not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.

He replied, 'don't lie to me, I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state!''

4. I got a call from a lawmaker's wife (Landra Reid) who asked, ''Is it possible to see England from Canada ?''

I said, ''No.''

She said, ''But they look so close on the map.''

5. An aide for a cabinet member (Janet Napolitano) once called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. I pulled up the reservation and noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas . When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, ''I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between gates to save time.'' (Aghhhh)

6. An Illinois Congresswoman (Jan Schakowsky) called last week. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:30 a.m., and got to Chicago at 8:33 a.m.

I explained that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois , but she couldn't understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I told her the plane went fast, and she bought that.

7. A New York lawmaker, (Jerrold Nadler) called and asked, ''Do airlines put your physical de>

#300142 - 08/21/09 06:55 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: pufferfish]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 03:26 AM)

#300146 - 08/21/09 07:32 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: myboyhoodfears]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Where is Mr. Banks? We could use his cogent insight on this subject.

#300170 - 08/22/09 04:52 AM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: Hauser]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Apparently that cop never had a glass of her lemonade!

#300459 - 08/25/09 01:33 AM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: LilacLouie]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Alan,

She wouldn't be in trouble if she had just gotten that license. lol
What f------ moron would issue a 10 yr old a $50 fine.
She'll have to sell alot of lemon aide to pay that off.
Wonder what the penatly is for a second offense???

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#300520 - 08/25/09 04:58 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: michael banks]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is absurd. I am seeing too much of this crap lately. Seems like people are getting fined and arrested for more stupid things than you shake a stick at. Where are we going as a united country?

#300521 - 08/25/09 05:01 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: michael banks]
Moortje Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
A DC airport ticket agent offers some examples of 'why' our country is in trouble!

You know, I'm sure that completely true list of events only attacks Democrats by coincidence and isn't a fake piece of partisan hackery or anything!

wink

~Matt

#301371 - 09/02/09 08:01 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: pufferfish]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pufferfish

Could anyone be this DUMB?

No; and that's why if I had any money, I would bet that, oh, say, 100% of those anecdotes are fictional. Like the one about a US Navy ship that tried to order a lighthouse to change course.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#301372 - 09/02/09 08:14 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: Moortje]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Moortje

You know, I'm sure that completely true list of events only attacks Democrats by coincidence and isn't a fake piece of partisan hackery or anything!

The piece as originally composed may not have been partisan at all. As first written, it was probably lampooning college professors or redneck hicks or something, and the DC airport ticket agent was originally a New York City travel agent or something. Then somebody gets ahold of it and changes all the names to "aides/relatives of prominent democrats (or republicans, etc) and sends the thing through the email chain. Similar anecdotes that like to make the rounds include the "politician who accepts and uses a name/phrase given to him by Native Americans during a visit to a reservation, unaware that the name/phrase is actually derogatory" and "Vietnam/Iraq war veteran punches a college professor in the face during class for not believing in God or not supporting the war or criticising the current president or something". As of this writing, both Tom Hanks and Harrison Ford have died by falling off a cliff into the sea while filming a movie in Australia; also, Bill Gates, George Carlin, Barack Obama, and Colin Powell have each written an identical paper advising high school graduates that they will have to work hard if they want to accomplish anything.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.