Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (finallyhere, Steve J), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#300521 - 08/25/09 05:01 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: michael banks]
Moortje Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
A DC airport ticket agent offers some examples of 'why' our country is in trouble!

You know, I'm sure that completely true list of events only attacks Democrats by coincidence and isn't a fake piece of partisan hackery or anything!

wink

~Matt

#301371 - 09/02/09 08:01 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: pufferfish]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pufferfish

Could anyone be this DUMB?

No; and that's why if I had any money, I would bet that, oh, say, 100% of those anecdotes are fictional. Like the one about a US Navy ship that tried to order a lighthouse to change course.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#301372 - 09/02/09 08:14 PM Re: Thank God we have government part II [Re: Moortje]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Moortje

You know, I'm sure that completely true list of events only attacks Democrats by coincidence and isn't a fake piece of partisan hackery or anything!

The piece as originally composed may not have been partisan at all. As first written, it was probably lampooning college professors or redneck hicks or something, and the DC airport ticket agent was originally a New York City travel agent or something. Then somebody gets ahold of it and changes all the names to "aides/relatives of prominent democrats (or republicans, etc) and sends the thing through the email chain. Similar anecdotes that like to make the rounds include the "politician who accepts and uses a name/phrase given to him by Native Americans during a visit to a reservation, unaware that the name/phrase is actually derogatory" and "Vietnam/Iraq war veteran punches a college professor in the face during class for not believing in God or not supporting the war or criticising the current president or something". As of this writing, both Tom Hanks and Harrison Ford have died by falling off a cliff into the sea while filming a movie in Australia; also, Bill Gates, George Carlin, Barack Obama, and Colin Powell have each written an identical paper advising high school graduates that they will have to work hard if they want to accomplish anything.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.