Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
5 registered (jq19712, wiresguy1, aniceguy, don64, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63801 Topics
445518 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299986 - 08/20/09 09:23 AM .
Mitts Offline

Loc: Midwest USA

#299989 - 08/20/09 09:51 AM Re: He confronted his brother. [Re: Mitts]
honey girl Offline

Loc: Midwest US
Dear Mitts,

Wow! That confrontation must have required a lot of courage. I am glad that it turned out so positively for him. Congratulations to you and your husband for your perseverance and love. And good luck continuing your recovery journey.

Peace,
HG

#299996 - 08/20/09 11:29 AM Re: He confronted his brother. [Re: honey girl]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Dear Mitts:

"I'm so happy that my husband was able to finally take all of those years of crap and put it all right back where it belonged..on his brother."

YES!!! I am so glad for your husband, for you and for your life together.

S-n-S

cm 2007

#300009 - 08/20/09 12:33 PM Re: He confronted his brother. [Re: sweet-n-sour]
MPackard Offline

Loc: MS
OH MY GOODNESS, that is so wonderful. I cant imagine what it took for your husband to face his brother. It's one of the bravest stories I've heard. I'm so proud of him, you must be beside yourself with pride.
I'm also so glad that his brother acknowledged what he had done. I really think that will lend itself to your husbands healing.
This is a great day for you and H, Congrats!

#300133 - 08/21/09 04:54 PM Re: He confronted his brother. [Re: MPackard]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Mitts,

Thanks for sharing this vindicating episode in your husband's life. Confrontation is a dicey sitaution at best, but I am so grateful to hear that it was such a positive experience for your husband, you marriage, and his recovery.

C.

#300184 - 08/22/09 10:35 AM . [Re: cstjude]
Mitts Offline

#300220 - 08/22/09 05:17 PM Re: He confronted his brother. [Re: Mitts]
sugarbaby Offline

Quote:
He's happy, upbeat and launching into projects that he has wanted to do.

My husband has done that change also. It's almost weird. It's good, but still almost....I don't know.... weird.

Quote:
This is the club that nobody wants to belong to but thank God for whoever started this site.

I was just thinking the same thing a few moments ago. smile

#379409 - 12/14/11 06:47 AM Re: He confronted his brother. [Re: sugarbaby]
Mitts Offline

#379416 - 12/14/11 09:50 AM Re: He confronted his brother. [Re: Mitts]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Mitts,

Have you considered asking them (sons) anyway?

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#379420 - 12/14/11 10:10 AM Re: He confronted his brother. [Re: Still]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
There is a lot of action in this post.

Some of my thoughts:

There is a way, if the perp is willing, to get a better understanding if he is telling the truth. A competent T in this area can do a sexual history exam, polygraph, and ask him if he abused your children. Since he has accepted the abuse he perpetrated against your husband and hes noot hiding anything, there should be no problem in providing you this piece of mind...this is a way to keep the kids out of it, if you so choose....You dont say whether they know of the abuse ect.

I would be cautious, and to let others know the same warning, when/if confronting a perpetrator not to tell them

" I tod him that if he did he had better crawl on his knees and beg their forgiveness"

the perpetrator does not have the right to ask for forgiveness, only the survivor has the right to grant forgiveness, on their terms, when and if they are ready.

I'm happy your husband allowed you to do what you felt was necessary, for you and your family and you find the healing your searching for.

The recent news is having a wiedspread effect on people and families....some in the public might not understand the triggers and the effects of even the news can have on survivors and their supporters.

I dont think a lot of perpetrators realize and the sociopaths dont care what they leave us....that it wasn't just the event/s of abuse ect, The lasting effects are so intertwined in us and rewiring is hard without getting electricuted.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.