Newest Members
baltimura, YotaD55, giant251, Casey_SC, Xr2
12375 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
josacam (51), PhillyPa (39), sum1sun (39), time2heal (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (thrive-n-survive, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12375 Members
74 Forums
63593 Topics
444258 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#299473 - 08/16/09 03:41 AM I Want To Run Away
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Maybe it's just been one of those weeks. Maybe not. All week I've had this almost annoying urge to just run away from my life. Leave everyone and everything behind and start anew. I'm sure I've just been watching too many movies but I can truely say that the feeling is there.

I guess it's because I know school is starting in about a week and everthing is still in shambles. I owe a few hundred bucks (that I don't have) on a credit card, schooling's not yet resolved, still don't have a job and much, much more. Nothing is going right for me and I try, believe me I try, but it's still not good enough no matter what I do.

Do you guys ever feel like just wanking away? It's a feeling that I've had before.

If it were possible, I'd run away as far as I could-overseas if I wanted to. Run to someplace where nobody knows me. I can be anything I want because I am new there...but...that only happens in the movies. Oh well.

Terrick

#299475 - 08/16/09 04:24 AM Re: I Want To Run Away [Re: Clockwise]
philistine Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
I have the feeling as well.

Just go someplace where nobody knows you, and make yourself anew.

Sounds great, but all the "baggage" goes with you. Please try and get life working where you are at, it will allows you to have the skills required to make your life (trying to find the word here) livable.

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

#299880 - 08/19/09 12:32 PM Re: I Want To Run Away [Re: philistine]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Terrick.

I ran and ran and ran from most everything in my life up until 3 years ago.

It is an urge. My acting on it was good at times but destructive in other ways.

I want to run now. I came in here looking for you as I have gotten alot out of your posts.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#299887 - 08/19/09 01:30 PM Re: I Want To Run Away [Re: DJsport]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Clockwise,

As much as I sometimes love to fantasize about doing a geographical, I have my doubts about how much my life would improve.

I have ,however, heard somewhere that, "Yesterdays history, tomarrows a mystery and today is the present" ...(that is why it is called a gift).

I often get in these type of funks. But what I have found is that if I do the next indicated right thing and stay out of the results for long enough...Life gets better...!!!

Order of the Universe (ABWH)

island

#299969 - 08/20/09 03:34 AM Re: I Want To Run Away [Re: 1islandboy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Until I had worked through my issues the geographical cure never worked all that well for me. My problems would follow me from place to place and it is just hard to believe how fast that I could meet one of the biggest coke dealers in a new town. Heck, in St. Paul, MN I met a big dealer there just walking down West 7th Street one afternoon. Same thing in Cleveland, back in Pontiac, then out in Denver too. Things would go well and then all of a sudden they would fall apart and back on the road I would go, running from all of my problems again.

It would be much better to face your problems and deal with them where you are at now than it would be to try the geographical cure without dealing with your issues. Once you are back in school you will have the opportunity to meet friends at school too. Credit cards? Try to make small payments a little over the minimum ON TIME until you get a job. Your credit score is a crucial record that will follow you all over America, and it will determine what jobs you get and how much you pay for your car insurance too. Maybe get one of those little 50cc scooters that don't need to be registered or have insurance to widen your job search possibilities. You ought to be able to pick one up for under $1000 new or even less used.

Here is a little traveling music from Mrs. Jefferson's son:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvuL5jyCHOw&feature=fvw

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.