Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
7 registered (gettingstronger, ethereo222, pufferfish, Jwmcd2, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441729 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#299919 - 08/19/09 05:27 PM tough decision
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, guys.

I am in a tough spot financially like alot of others I am sure. I just had a conversation with a financial counselor and I am in a tough spot she states.

I am in a better place with my anxiety and PTSD but, in the past even within the last 1.5 years I made some very bad decisions.

Now, I am faced with several options which all boil down to backing away from "recovery" although not all together.

I need to get a pt job on top of a ft job and school.

Or I need to file bankruptcy.

Bottom line is I need more money - join the crowd right.

1.5 years ago I made a decision that almost cost me my life.

Today, I am facing the options and will make decisions when I can.

I am NOT grounded or think I am NOT grounded enough in my own life with feeling the good feelings. Maybe I am there.

I still think about the old stuff though.

I love being here and am scared to let go of some of my recovery people.

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#299920 - 08/19/09 05:35 PM Re: tough decision [Re: DJsport]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
DJ,

School,ft job and now needing a pt job on top of that it seems like a recipe for disaster to me. To me bankrupcy sometimes is the only option. Companies do it all the time. Sometimes we need to make a fresh start. But your the one who has to decide what is right for you.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#300063 - 08/20/09 10:40 PM Re: tough decision [Re: michael banks]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Make sure you discuss with everyone how bankruptcy is going to affect your schooling. Are you getting student loans? Will you be able to continue getting loans? Make sure you are very informed before making any decisions. There are bankruptcy attorneys - I would recommend speaking with one sooner than later. That was the biggest mistake I made in the scheme of things.

Peace and love...

Michael

#300346 - 08/23/09 11:51 PM Re: tough decision [Re: M3]
MFKjr Offline

Loc: Boston, Ma
Well I hope everything goes well DJ, I know life throws you curveballs, but I believe you can overcome a money issue smile if you can face what you faced in your life.

#300454 - 08/25/09 12:11 AM Re: tough decision [Re: MFKjr]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
life throws you cue balls...

they hurt..

youll be fine keep heading in the direction you are going,

changes always hurt..
you know this...
nomansanisland

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.