Newest Members
TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo, Laurie
12485 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (traveler, Banjo596, 4 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12485 Members
74 Forums
64147 Topics
447571 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299506 - 08/16/09 10:45 AM Hell's Kitchen
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
So, I watch this show Hell's Kitchen on Tuesday nights. In fact, I've watched the past couple seasons. I like the show, but sometimes it gets so rude and annoying when Chef Ramsey uses SOO much profanity ALL THE TIME!!

Anyone else watch it? If so, what do you think of it?

J.R.

#299507 - 08/16/09 11:03 AM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: J.R.]
myboyhoodfears Offline

ive watched it on and off since it first aired,....i do get annyoyed to by chef Ramseys profanity...seems unessicary to be honest, ill change it when he gets on my nerves,...but i kinda like the concept anyway....probably if he were nicer then the show wouldnt be as fun to watch and would do as well, i guess...at least i think thats the mentality of the producers.

#299509 - 08/16/09 11:10 AM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: myboyhoodfears]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Yes, you are probably right, the show wouldn't be the same without the attitude and profanity of Chef Ramsey. However, personally, I think that is sad; the success of a show lies in the hands of someone who profanes anything and everything.

I applied to culinary school last year, in fact was accepted, but at the time couldn't afford it. Now, after watching the show, I don't even know if I want to try going to school if being a Chef is what I watch on TV.

J.R.

#299513 - 08/16/09 11:22 AM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: J.R.]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 03:34 AM)

#299516 - 08/16/09 11:40 AM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: J.R.]
Ornias Offline

i love that show , u fn donkey!!! man if i ever went there to do that contest and hed yell at me like that id probably cry like a girl i hate being yelled at lol

#299518 - 08/16/09 11:46 AM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: myboyhoodfears]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

My kids watch HK too... my one son likes it and the other hates it... I have opened some discussion with all of my children around how he is abusive. Part of the discussion is that it is exagerated for television and part is that it is still abuse and should we really be supporting it ??? The discussion continues :-)

~~

As I read this thread I could not think about how I was drawn to people places and things that related to re-enacting my abuses and how Hell's Kitchen is another place where I see abuse that I can relate to :-\

well, that thought is incomplete... C'est la vie.

Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#299523 - 08/16/09 01:13 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: J.R.]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
I used to watch Hell's Kitchen. But, like the many other shows, its so predictable. People will rant and rave about a team member. Then that team member gets a few seconds rebuttal. Then they have to cook, and Ramsey goes ape-shit all over one, or a bunch of people. The audience looks around, trying to look interested in the meal. All hell breaks loose, and someone has a meltdown. Then, like in that weakest link show, someone gets the boot.

Are people that expendable that we become entertained when they are rejected?

No more reality shows for me, unless they are compelling, and tell a story of some importance. Watching people being abused? Pass.

Jim

#299538 - 08/16/09 03:11 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: Geeders]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I've watched it a few times, the uk version when that used to be on, i didn't really like it very much.

I prefer the one where he goes in to make failing restaurants better, i think that was filmed in america too.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#299663 - 08/17/09 01:49 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: Geeders]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Geeders
I used to watch Hell's Kitchen.

Ramsey goes ape-shit

All hell breaks loose, and someone has a meltdown.

Are people that expendable that we become entertained when they are rejected?

Yeah! I like your comments, Jim. R_ reminds me of my abuser at the boy scout camp (pufferfish story no. 5 - do not read it).

Imagine him as in charge of a bunch of boy scouts. He chooses to pick on one. He uses all of his abuse and invective against one boy - that would be me. Imagine the effect on a boy of 12 away from home. Then couple it with CSA for 2 weeks and you've got the picture.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#299818 - 08/18/09 07:34 PM Re: Hell's Kitchen [Re: pufferfish]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
I used to watch this show, but don't anymore.

I think Chef Ramsey is an arrogant pompous a**.

I would however, gladly like to see this guy at an ultimate fighting contest.

In fact, I would volunteer to fight him. Let's see where his mouth gets him then...

Mr. Scary vs. Eruption

island

Edited by 1islandboy (08/18/09 08:00 PM)
Edit Reason: added thought

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.