Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447633 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#299351 - 08/14/09 08:35 PM Re: Movie: The Boy In the Striped Pajamas [Re: JustScott]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I watched this movie and admired it for it's desired intention, but was saddened by it's utter failure to adhere to any kind of historical accuracy. This does not mean I regretted watching it.......but.........

Ok, 1st of all, the children and old people were the very first ones to be gassed and executed.............

2ond, being able to dig through a fence at a concentration camp without being SHOT be a guard was just plain silly.......

But besides these major flaws.......it was a well intentioned film. It reminded us that childhood is TRULY an innocent time in our lives on this earth. Racism, politics, ideology, appearance, ethnic background.......these things mean NOTHING to children.......just watch them when mixed up together in playgrounds........white kids, black kids, Jewish kids,......they could care LESS about what religion, background, or race their playmates are. We should strive to model our adult lives around what children display every day.

I recommend the film for one-time viewing to anyone with an open mind and not expecting sensationalism or happy endings, not every film is meant to be "enjoyed".

#299430 - 08/15/09 07:50 PM Re: Movie: The Boy In the Striped Pajamas [Re: Hauser]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I saw the movie, and loved it. Cried my eyes out! But was amazed, too.

Alan: It seems to me that "-isms" are always a learned, not a born-with, deficiency. Same with a few "phobias."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.