Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jude, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441389 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#298694 - 08/10/09 10:37 AM Having Problems at Night
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hi everyone. It's been a little while since I have been on here. I've been real busy with work and everything. Anyways, I have been wetting my bed pretty much every night, and I am just sick of it. I am so embarased and angry at myself, and I really don't know what to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

J.R.

#299158 - 08/13/09 02:39 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: J.R.]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, J.R.

What does your T say about it? Are you having any other dreams or thoughts as this is happening?

I personally would try to be as gentle with yourself as possible. As you "work" through your issues, your body will take back control.

I did have issues awhile back with wetting the bed and about 8 months ago for a short time and I was able to stop once I got to a place of peace.

Be Well,

Peace,

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#299172 - 08/13/09 03:42 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: DJsport]
Jaifian Offline

Loc: washington state, USA
You might want to..um, well, maybe not WANT to, but maybe should talk to your medical doctor about it because I believe it can also be a physical condition and may be treatable.

#299398 - 08/15/09 11:56 AM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: Jaifian]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Seems like the doctor thinks there is no help for it, says it's just going to be like this, including during the day.

Sometimes, I just don't get it.

#299440 - 08/15/09 09:14 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: J.R.]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
J.R.,

There are a number of kids that come to camp that take a drug called Desmopressin.
Originally Posted By: Wikipedia
Desmopressin (trade names: DDAVP, Stimate, Minirin) is a synthetic replacement for vasopressin, the hormone that reduces urine production during sleep. It may be taken nasally, intravenously, or as a pill. Doctors prescribe Desmopressin most frequently for treatment of diabetes insipidus or bedwetting.

Don't know if this might help or not. They key is really to figure out of this is an emotional or physical issue.

Other things you could try is not drinking anything after dinner. Stay away from caffeine. Stay away from drinks that are diuretics (things that make you pee like some teas).

frown

Wish I could help more...

Michael

#299445 - 08/15/09 09:40 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: M3]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

I had heard about that, (DDAVP); in fact, I took it when I was a kid. I don't know if it would work or not now as an adult?

J.R.

#299452 - 08/15/09 10:14 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: J.R.]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Don't know, but that is something you could look into. Just an idea. Hope it works though...

Peace and love...

Michael

#356546 - 03/14/11 04:06 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: M3]
trb1345 Offline

Loc: NY
I didn't want to start a new topic, since this was already here. I know it's a little old, but this is new to me.

I started wetting the bed a few weeks ago. I also just started addressing my CSA about the same time. I am totally frustrated, and I feel like I'm not in control. I haven't told my T yet, but I plan to this week. I feel so vulnerable at bedtime, like I need protection. Any ideas please?

-Tommy

-My favorite book.

#356578 - 03/14/11 09:54 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: trb1345]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

I feel your pain Tommy, I really do. It's tough because one minute you are "fine", and the next it's a living nightmare. I can't do anything or go anywhere because of it, but the only thing that's helped for me perosnally has been protction. I'd also suggest talking to your t about it and see what they think, maybe there is a way to work through it mentally as well that might help, let me know.

#356611 - 03/15/11 09:13 AM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: J.R.]
trb1345 Offline

I think protection will help me feel safe again. But I need to talk to my T before I do. At least I stayed dry last nite.

-My favorite book.

#356659 - 03/15/11 03:40 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: trb1345]
mac80 Offline

Good luck. I wet my bed as a kid until the day after I graduated from the eight grade. I did it because I was totally irrationally afraid of getting out of bed. And I also think it was a form of rebellion against my father who tried to potty train me using violence. Didn't work. Anyway do you wet the bed when you're asleep? Does it coincide with a dream? Or does is it when you wake up? Just curious.

#356662 - 03/15/11 03:48 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: mac80]
trb1345 Offline

Hi Mac,

I've wet my bed with dreams and without. I've only wet once after I woke up. Im afraid of getting out of bed, but afraid of falling asleep too. Needless to say, im getting tired. I was a bedwetter as a child until 6-7.

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#356671 - 03/15/11 05:13 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: J.R.]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Hey, JR,
Just a word to encourage you a bit. Don't beat yourself up, blame yourself, or shame yourself. These will add to and compound the issue.

Those of us who have been through it can reassure you that it will pass, that this is only for a season in your life. Keep working toward a healthier self-image and the bedwetting will miraculously subside and be left in your past.

#356679 - 03/15/11 05:58 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: WriterKeith]
trb1345 Offline

Thx Keith,

Im glad to know this has been a problem for other men, so I know Im not outside of normal (whatever that might be). Im going to talk to my T about wearing some protection to bed in my session later this week.

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#356745 - 03/16/11 11:49 AM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: trb1345]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Viniger in a water gun. U can quirt someone in the eye's if they come in the room. it is just an idea not sure it would help
I hate viniger

Not being funny just creative

I use teddy bear too

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#356864 - 03/17/11 09:50 AM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: michael Joseph]
trb1345 Offline

I wet the bed again last nite. I don't know what changed, but I'm not upset. I came to the conclusion that, I opened a door when I started dealing with my csa a few weeks ago. Now the memories are coming through the door a little at a time, along with little tommy. Wetting my bed is a sort of prop to hold that door open until it's ready to be closed. I'm ok with that. And I feel a better about wearing diapers to bed, which I'm going to do now. I'm Tommy, and I'm a bedwetter.

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#357039 - 03/18/11 07:13 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: trb1345]
trb1345 Offline

I had a good session with my T today. We talked about my bedwetting and I got some encouragement to do what I need to do and wear diapers. I think im going to feel better, and actually get some sleep.

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#360322 - 04/20/11 03:37 PM Re: Having Problems at Night [Re: trb1345]
trb1345 Offline

Hi All,

Well, it's been over a month now, and only a handful of dry nights. Managing has become a little less embarassing and a little more comfortable. I'm hoping in time as I learn to deal with my CSA, the bedwetting will start to decrease. Thanks everyone smile

Tommy

-My favorite book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.