Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kinghenri (26)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#297722 - 08/01/09 09:30 PM Watch lists?
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Excuse me...teacher, yes...I have a question.

Under the "My Stuff" section there is a section for "Watch Lists". At the present time, I am not watching any forums, topics or users.

I'm thinking this might be a cool feature, but I simply do not know how to use this function.

Confusalated drain bamage?

island

#297727 - 08/01/09 10:26 PM Re: Watch lists? [Re: 1islandboy]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

island,

As I understand it if you look under the button "Topic Options" at the top of any thread there's an option titled "Add Topic to your watched topics". If you click that option it will be added to your watched topics list in "My Stuff". The same things applies to users and forums. Clicking on the user link beside his avatar gets you the ability to add him to your watched users but I'm not quite sure how to add a forum to your watched lists. Maybe someone else has that trick up their sleeve.

At any rate you can then choose another option in your My Stuff Preferences that allows you to have MS send you an auto-generated email when a user, a topic, or a forum has activity in it. Clicking the watched user, forum, or topic in your My Stuff list takes you to a list of the activity happening in that particular category.

Clear as mud? wink

#297821 - 08/02/09 08:00 PM Re: Watch lists? [Re: WalkingSouth]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I have been here for quite a while now and i still don't understand all these features lol

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#297829 - 08/02/09 09:25 PM Re: Watch lists? [Re: king tut]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you for the explaination,

I had know idea...I even had topic options. This opens up...so many different avenues, in which I can confuse myself.

I guess, I never look up there, as I respond down below with the quick reply...(before I loose my train of thought).

so now, I'm wandering what's the deference between a quick vs. new reply...

So like, quick is to old as new is to slow?...right???

Which is about as funny, as switching to the full reply screen, as if a partial reply was even an option.

Cents of weird humor, you guys have...!!!

The spam song (artist unknown)

island

#297869 - 08/03/09 12:45 PM Re: Watch lists? [Re: 1islandboy]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

O.K.

Yesterday, I was just being silly. (see above)

I had a really hard day at work on Sunday. I needed a laugh (even if it was only a party of one).

Anywho, I would just like to make a request that we generate a post that explains/spells out...the finer art of all the bells and whistles
on this site.

It could be put up top (below the guidelines and other important info).

I'm sure, I am not the only one that is computerly challenged around here.

island

He who knows, he does not know, is a student, teach him. (author unknown)

#297904 - 08/03/09 05:29 PM Re: Watch lists? [Re: 1islandboy]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

When we find someone who knows the bells and whistles that might be a good idea. Hell, I was here 3.5 years before I knew what the watch lists were. I've been ont the site management team almost 2.5 years and I've never even seen an instruction manual to this thing.

I think what might work is if everyone here who has a little web savy can contribute a little of their knowledge about the bells and whistles we can use it to put together a document that we can sticky as a FAQ at the top of this forum.

Anyone want to start the ball rolling?

#298145 - 08/05/09 06:02 PM Re: Watch lists? [Re: WalkingSouth]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
I think the watch list system is quite simple, and somewhat handy. You have three differetn things you can watch,
1. Watch a particular fourm, - when you click on a fourm off the main list, there is a drop down button called 'forum options' click it and select 'add to watched forums' the screen will change to a confirmation that the forum is added and it returns you to the forum page. LET THE PAGE REDIRECT YOU OTHERWISE IT DOESNT ADD TO YOUR WATCHED LIST.

2.Watch a particular topic- Again at the top of the page there is a drop down button now called TOPIC OPTIONS press this and select ' add to your watched topics' the screen will again change and display a confirmation message, LET IT REDIRECT YOU BACK.

3. Watch a particular user/member - On any off the topic screens, click on a users name and a drop down menu appears select the 'Add to watched users' Screen changes and displays confirmation and redirects you back to the previous page you were on.

Now in your Watch list....

Access this from the 'My Stuff' tab at top of page, Select 'my stuff--->watch lists... The page will change and you will now have your 3 watch types in link buttons, You can edit and review each of your option with the edit button on the right side of the page. It pretty easy to figure out from there, but if not PM me and ill explain any particular part in detail.

See what bordom brings, i think i know most of the little things on this site, many a night spent just fiddlein around the site not able to sleep..

Hope this helps someone.....

Dean

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.