Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446771 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#297674 - 08/01/09 09:02 AM Re: do you pray? [Re: JustScott]
jggab Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I want so much to believe. To believe in something or someone! How do you do it? The answer I usually get is. . . "you just have to have faith". . . . but HOW. . . how do you have faith?

#297675 - 08/01/09 09:38 AM Re: do you pray? [Re: jggab]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
the way i got faith was to ask for it.

but to ask for it presumes that there is a place from which it can be gotten. and i think that's where some people get stuck, because if they can't see it, they can't believe it to be there.

hebrews 1: The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. [from 'the message']

i saw this snippet from isaiah 45 the other day which reconfirmed the whole faith thing for me:

Does clay talk back to the potter:
'What are you doing? What clumsy fingers!'
Would a sperm say to a father,
'Who gave you permission to use me to make a baby?'
Or a fetus to a mother,
'Why have you cooped me up in this belly?'"

i don't only use the judeo christian sacred writings for inspiration, i use others as well, but this was a good example for why i open myself to cultivating a relationship with the formless presence that imagines, generates, directs and sustains the life force that wears these bones in the sphere of time and space.

i'll add to this: just start acting like you believe, using the same passion that cried out thru the question you typed. spend 5 minutes once or twice a day, just sitting quietly and asking for the spirit to be present with you. god's presence is palpable, and once you meet it, nothing will ever taste as sweet.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.