Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443080 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#29698 - 10/11/06 08:08 PM Sad day...
Jaysen Offline

It's a very sad day today... I stored my bike for the Winter today.

#29699 - 10/11/06 08:13 PM Re: Sad day...
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Jay,

spring is only round the corner, right!

ste

#29700 - 10/11/06 08:31 PM Re: Sad day...
Jaysen Offline

I'm counting the days. No idea why I stay in this part of the country, I need to go South were there is no snow. I just hate to see it sitting in the garage all covered up and lonely...
I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight... sniff,sniff...

J

#29701 - 10/11/06 08:32 PM Re: Sad day...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay,

Yeah, I get the idea that bike is an important part of your life. But can you do other bike-related things over the winter to keep yourself engaged with it? Or find other things to do that are fun and exciting in a similar way?

The important point here is that you need fulfilling exciting - and safe! - things to do with yourself, over the winter as much as during times when the weather is better.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#29702 - 10/11/06 08:38 PM Re: Sad day...
Jaysen Offline

Yeah my bike is the only thing I've ever had that I legitimately bought, fixed up, got on the road and it's the only thing that was never taken from me and it's just about the only thing I have left that I never sold or traded for sex/drugs or both!

Bike related things? What the hell are you talking about Larry? \:\) And you just had to put that in there "safe" didn't you! lol

No worries, the bike is away so it's time for the guitar to come back out.

#29703 - 10/11/06 09:59 PM Re: Sad day...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Jay,

Quote:
And you just had to put that in there "safe" didn't you!
Truth be told, yep, I did have to put that in there. ;\)

Hey, the guitar sounds good. Try out some new ideas and styles, open tunings, slide, whatever. See what you come up with.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#29704 - 10/12/06 01:40 PM Re: Sad day...
Jaysen Offline

New ideas and styles? I don't think so. I'm pretty closed minded when it comes to my music. I have my own style. All the poetry I've posted here are lyrics, hard to read the words and get the meaning without the music backing it though.
Funny since I came out of the program I can't seem to come up with anything new, as far as lyrics go. All my songs are about anger, pain, hatred, etc. I just don't feel all that angry anymore.

By the way... I miss my bike

#29705 - 10/12/06 02:13 PM Re: Sad day...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Jay,

Things being new isn't the point really - the idea is just to discover things about yourself that are worth exploring.

For example, your lack of anger. That sounds like a step forward. Perhaps you have looked at the bad times and expressed enough anger already, so now you are prepared to move on.

I doubt that you are closed-minded about your music; more likely you are just playing what you like. That's fine.

Missing your bike: I guess that just shows how much you enjoy it when the weather is good enough to do so. I'm the same way about guitars. My 12-string is in PA, so when I'm in Europe I miss it. But when I'm in PA I miss my old Gibson flattop and my 1931 Dobro, which are in the UK. And here in the UK I miss my very cool finger-picking special, which is in Hamburg. <<<<< sigh >>>>>

My mom says she's waiting to see will the guitars all gravitate to one place. Then she will KNOW I am dropping anchor for good!

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#29706 - 10/12/06 02:35 PM Re: Sad day...
Jaysen Offline

Hey at least you have one everywhere you go. If you ever want to get rid of that Dobro let me know. I have a Fender acoustic 4 string base, another Fender acoustic Corrs (don't ask me how I got that) but she's sweet original tobacco sunburst, huge mahogany back and my favorite is my Fender Strat, she's basic but beautiful blizzard pearl, 3 texmex pickups... sweet sounding. Actually I didn't know that you played, you read music pretty good? I can send you some tabs if you want...
Yes, I like this conversation, it makes me happy

#29707 - 10/12/06 03:30 PM Re: Sad day...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Jay,

Sure, send me some tabs of your stuff. I can read tab but I'm shite at writing it; I usually don't even know what key I'm in and just wing it. I have some songs of my own but they're mainly acoustic blues so perhaps not your thing.

Hey, I have TWO Dobros and one is for sale on consignment in London. \:\) The problem is that it's another vintage one (1935) so pretty expensive. If I had to buy old guitars I doubt I could afford it.

My son has a Strat too, also a Les Paul. He's into heavy metal, but does other things too.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.