Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shockwave, YYZGIRL, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
442000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#296970 - 07/26/09 10:59 PM Male Childline Calls Increasing!
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Saw this article on the BBC!!!!

WOW. Looks like more and more boys are actually reaching out for help than ever before! Bright hope for the future maybe??? I so hope!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8169763.stm

#296975 - 07/26/09 11:19 PM Re: Male Childline Calls Increasing! [Re: JustScott]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Scott bless your heart for sharing this great news.

Well it is great news they are getting help and asking for it. It is not good there is still abuse.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#296976 - 07/26/09 11:27 PM Re: Male Childline Calls Increasing! [Re: DJsport]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Yes it is great news that more boys now feel more able to ask for help, and know that they even have the choice to ask for help, it will save them alot of extra suffering.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#296987 - 07/27/09 12:59 AM Re: Male Childline Calls Increasing! [Re: king tut]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for posting this Scott. This is encouraging news. I hope a similar trend is happening on this side of the Atlantic too.

Mike

#297018 - 07/27/09 01:11 PM Re: Male Childline Calls Increasing! [Re: Barkabus]
ZGRE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
That boys have an outlet to seek help and they are asking for help. This is indeed great news and deserving of attention.

#297034 - 07/27/09 05:06 PM Re: Male Childline Calls Increasing! [Re: ZGRE]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
I am cautiously optimistic about it because Childline was so badly run that it needed to be taken over by the NSPCC - it was all about child abuse in the beginning from launch, then some bright spark decided to widen it out to divorce, school bullying, in other words a whole heap of other childhood issues dealt with just as well by other charities. Why Childline is concerning itself with the facts of life is anyone's guess.

Hopefully the NSPCC's focus and larger funding base and greater campaigning mission is translating into this rise in calls and there is help at the other end, even if there might be a delay in under-18 counselling referrals.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.