Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443103 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#296027 - 07/20/09 01:48 AM Is God Just Testing Us?
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
How can he be? How can such a loving and caring God be testing us this way? I've read so many stories of grown men broken into pieces because of things that happened years and even decades ago. I went to Catholic school my whole life and they always taught me that all the trials and tribulations that we go through in life are just tests given to us by God. Maybe I was taught wrong because I just can't believe that such a loving God would test us this way. Anytime and man can be hurt the way I know many of the men on this site are hurt, it just doesn't make sence to me.

Terrick

#296037 - 07/20/09 02:46 AM Re: Is God Just Testing Us? [Re: Clockwise]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Terrick,

The only way God was involved in what happened to me as a csa victim was to give me the strength to survive and overcome it.
It was a man who chose to violate me sexually as a child.

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#296142 - 07/20/09 07:28 PM Re: Is God Just Testing Us? [Re: michael banks]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Hi, Terrick.

It all comes down to free will. Our loving God could have made us all puppets to do his bidding, with no thoughts of our own. Instead, he gifted us with free will and a plan to enable us to have eternal life. Unfortunately, with free will comes the danger of some people making very bad, very dangerous, very selfish,and very damaging decisions. As Mike wrote above, a man violated you, but God provides the power to overcome.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#296199 - 07/21/09 02:39 AM Re: Is God Just Testing Us? [Re: Clockwise]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Quote:
Maybe I was taught wrong because I just can't believe that such a loving God would test us this way.

God does not Throw us into some kind of test just to see us squirm or just to see what happens. LIFE happens and it gets messy because of the fall, because of man's choices that he makes or because of other menís choices that hurt us. The one thing God excels at, however, is the taking of a bad or horrible situation, entering into it and working with us to grow and become stronger.

To bring beauty for ashes.

Here in Washington during the summer we sometimes have forest fires caused by lightening. It may destroy thousands of acres of woodland. It looks horrible and will look horrible for years but eventually the trees, the flowers, the fauna all come back better than ever and even more beautiful. That is only one example. There are millions of others.

The point is it is not what happens to us but what we do with it. We can sit in the ashes or allow Him to begin the process of renewal. It will not happen like we think or maybe even want but it can and will happen if we let it in His time.

I have no idea what tomorrow holds for me. But I do know who holds my tomorrow. For now that is enough for me.

Roger

#296201 - 07/21/09 03:00 AM Re: Is God Just Testing Us? [Re: Clockwise]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thanks for the info everyone. I guess I've said "how could you do this to me" to God so many times that I'm actually starting to believe it. I do know about free will and although I like not being a puppet on a string sometimes I wish things like CSA (among other things) were not even around, not even fathomed but human beings. Sometimes I wish God could just do away with things like that. Just knowing that so many people out there are hurting... But I guess that human nature for you.

Terrick

#296234 - 07/21/09 10:36 AM Re: Is God Just Testing Us? [Re: Clockwise]
Tedure Offline

Loc: Utah
Terrick,

Without opposition we are nothing.

Ted

#296340 - 07/22/09 02:44 AM Re: Is God Just Testing Us? [Re: Clockwise]
Hopeful1 Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
I read the beautiful replies to your post. If it's alright, I'd like to add one more idea. I think what you were taught in school must be based partly on Job. God allowed Satan to test him by inflicting intense physical and emotional suffering on him, but In the end He blessed him with twice what he had lost. When God settles accounts, he returns much more to us than what was taken from us.

Now hope that is seen is not hope, For who hopes for what he sees? (Rom. 8:24)

#296808 - 07/25/09 07:07 PM Re: Is God Just Testing Us? [Re: Clockwise]
jls Offline

I asked myself this question recently when I got a call a few weeks ago from a friend that she found her partner and roommate dead in bed. I went over there and helped her go thru the process of notifying EMS, dealing with the police etc. The ironic thing is I deal with this exact sort of thing thru my work all the time so I was questioning "Why me? Why can't someone who has a cushy office job get the call that I did at 5:30 in the morning that day"? I've dealt with so much death and trauma over the years that I was reaching my limit when it spilled over into my personal life. Anyways there is a point to this story, which is when I was describing the turmoil I was feeling to a friend at work he replied that God gives us what we can handle. At first I didn't know how to take this since I interpeted it as God punishing me for some unknown reason, especially since I am someone who has alweasy been there for others. However, now I think differently since I feel honoured to be able to be there for people who come to me in such distressing circumstances. I believe we are all put on this earth for a reason and maybe mine is to be there for others in hard times. I don't know for sure but I'll keep doing it and see where it leads me. JS

#296839 - 07/25/09 09:36 PM Re: Is God Just Testing Us? [Re: jls]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I see life as a serious of events. Each event has its own meaning.

We can either accept or not accept to experience each event. Some events are traumatic and it will take us time to accept that event.

I know my God has HIS arms around me to guide me and support me.

I know there is evil and good in life.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.