Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (gatoonfanatic), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441811 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#296538 - 07/23/09 01:29 PM Need Volunteers! Sexual Assault Intervention
Angela Cummings Offline

Mount Sinai Hospital’s Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Program (SAVI) is currently recruiting volunteers to assist survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence in Queens and Manhattan emergency departments. Responsibilities include providing comfort and support as someone receives medical treatment after an assault, finding placement shelters for battered women/men, or providing information to survivors about their medical and legal options.

No previous experience required. Interested candidates must live in Queens or Manhattan; comply with all medical clearance standards; attend a 40-hour training course; and, be 21 years of age or older.

Please call 212-423-2140 or visit www.mssm.edu/savi for more information. You bring your compassion and we’ll provide the rest! Interviews begin in August.

#296564 - 07/23/09 04:10 PM Re: Need Volunteers! Sexual Assault Intervention [Re: Angela Cummings]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Angela,

Thank you for posting this information.

Members,

I have verified Angela is the contact person for this program. If you are interested in volunteering, please use the contact information she has provided. If you are currently in therapy, please remember to discuss this with yout therapist. Giving in this way can be very rewarding, but can have challenges for survivors.

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.