Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (lapchinj, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443357 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#296163 - 07/20/09 10:04 PM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . . [Re: Geeders]
Juni Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, WPB
Thank you Jim,

I read every last one.

There IS still hope.

Starting over is hard.

But here it goes . . .

#296280 - 07/21/09 04:16 PM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . . [Re: Juni]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Well it's weird, how I don't come here that often now, but sometimes I feel compelled to call in and see what's happening.

It was strange seeing my words from over 5 years ago!

For those of you that are newer to the site, you won't be aware that I was a total wreck when I first came here!

I actually once stood on a high bridge with the intention of jumping off into the water below! I didn't, because the water was deep, and I knew I would start swimming anyway - a bit like life really!

In that 5 years (to cut a long story short), I complained to the police in Oct 2004, achieved a conviction in March 2007. Was groomed/abused way back in 1969.

Since then I've had a fairly serious car crash (Dec 2007) which has resulted in several surgeries (I'm mobile and mostly active now, but still have some problems).

I have mostly good days now, with some not so good, but I never give in! I could easily have been killed in the crash, but I wasn't, and that makes me see things a little differently! Every day is a bonus to me, and I have another birthday on the day of the crash!

I keep going, because I can. I keep going because that way I win! I still like to create things, and my plants are the best this year they've ever been. Other people comment on how good they look. My guitar playing still leaves something to be desired though (and I haven't given up on that either).

When I had my crash, it was only then that I realised how much many people actually cared about me! I never really thought they did before then! Another reason to keep going!

Best wishes and strength to those who need it to keep going now!

I found much strength here!

Rik

#296281 - 07/21/09 04:23 PM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . . [Re: RICK57]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Welcome back Rik, glad to meet you. I've seen some of your stuff from the days gone by. Glad to hear of your continuing progress. My role here is mostly as a volunteer mentor and I help welcome new members, as I can still remember just how hard that it was trying to get out of my car and into the front door at my first recovery group back in 1987. Mic Hunter was one of my therapists back in 1997-98. Now that I am laid-up off of work on an extended leave, and have lots of extra time on my hands, I have been trying to help give something back to the program that helped me find my own freedom so many years ago.

If you have any extra time to spare we could always use some extra help.

Trucker Mark

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.