Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (highflight, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441975 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#294770 - 07/09/09 04:37 PM spiritual moment
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Guys.

I had the most awesome beautiful spiritual moment yesterday.

I was able to share (get through) with a very troubled young man who lives nearby. I sat down next to this guy at a park bench. He looked very worried and had been crying. As soon as I sat down he got very tight lipped and closed off.

After a bit of bravo talk, I asked him how he was doing. He started to bawl. He bawled for about 3 minutes and then he stated why am I "alive". I was having a difficult time understanding him because of his accent. He is Russian.

I was so struck at his comment and my being at the spot in time and place.

I stated because you are a gift. He kept talking stating his gift was taken from him. I asked him how so. He stated his parents were killed in a car accident in 1999 and his sister died 2 years ago after being raped and killed by her pimp, and his lover/brother died after getting pneumonia. Usually, I would have been like "OMG" and tried to "save" him or prevent him from feeling this losses.

I restated you're a gift. He stopped talking and looked me square in the eyes. He looked like an angel. He said the gift I lost was my mother singing to me.

We continued. I knew after my owning my feelings (4 years of CSA work) that he too needed to feel his feelings.

Anyway, to make a long interaction brief - he remembered a song she sang to him. He sang me part of the song and I remembered the title. He said "you are an angel", I have been to all of the music stores and no one has been able to help me. We were close to my house so we went to my computer to verify the song and he could hear it. He bawled and started singing. I am not one to remember a song nor am I one to say connected with another when there are feelings being expressed.

He was Happy when he left my place. I was told by the psychologist who I saw after I woke up on 4-1-2008 (after I od'd) that I am a gift. I was able to have the same discussion with another. I did not fully understand her saying "I am a gift" until yesterday.

I was once a licensed Minister who talked about spiritual moments but until yesterday I have not had such an spiritual moment. I have had my own moments of awakenings.

OMG - what an experience.

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#294914 - 07/11/09 12:41 AM Re: spiritual moment [Re: DJsport]
Shadow+Walker Offline

Loc: desolate foggy nights, USA
DJ,
Thank you for being there for him and reaching out to him as you did. I have found that it is in reaching out to others that I experience those divine moments of grace in which I am ministered to as well. Yes DJ, you are a gift. You are a gift to the world, a gift to that young Russian and a gift to us at MS.

Thank you, precious Gift.

Peace,
Shadow+Walker

Check out a cool song by a hot band..."Unbreakable" by Fireflight: official video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRJAHaOrYg

#294955 - 07/11/09 02:47 PM Re: spiritual moment [Re: Shadow+Walker]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks SW.

I am enjoying my life and want to share it with others. I see the gifts and joys in life.

You are all a gift to me.

Love and peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#295038 - 07/12/09 03:24 PM Re: spiritual moment [Re: DJsport]
Tedure Offline

Loc: Utah
DJ,

What a great way to show charity, "The pure Love of Christ" to a stranger. Your story touched my heart and reminds me to think of others more often instead of myself. Thanks for your example. Thanks for sharing your gift with us and with the young man.

Much love and respect, Ted

#296157 - 07/20/09 09:09 PM Re: spiritual moment [Re: Tedure]
LowSky Offline

Loc: Glen Burnie,MD
As we are gifts should we then not give? What do I give you ask? What have YOU been through? That is part of you being a gift.

Dan

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.