Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
6 registered (aniceguy, lapchinj, I Want 2 Thrive, VASurvivor, Obi, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63415 Topics
443367 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#295936 - 07/19/09 06:42 PM Exercise
loberhead Offline
MaleSurvivor

I just exercised for about 20 minutes. Pretty intense workout and I really feel it in my body. I've been wanting to exercise more so I can feel better in general. I am slightly overweight but mostly I just want to feel healthy and energized.

But it's been less than 10 minutes since I quit working out and I feel very depressed. I'm not sad. I don't feel like crying necessarily. I feel gloomy and lifeless. Maybe it's because I came here right after working out? Not that this is a depressing place, but being sweaty and heavy breathing would trigger memories maybe? I also wonder if that is why I often feel very nauseous after exercising. Does anyone else feel this?

#295944 - 07/19/09 07:51 PM Re: Exercise [Re: loberhead]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Not me, but that's because I religiously avoid exercise! laugh

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#296429 - 07/22/09 06:35 PM Re: Exercise [Re: roadrunner]
ZGRE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I am usually energized after exercise. I do a reasonable amount of weight lifting and on a different day, I do a reasonable amount of cardio. Stay with your exercise and the benefits will come with it.

#296463 - 07/22/09 10:14 PM Re: Exercise [Re: ZGRE]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I go kickboxing for an hour a week, it is more of an intense workout than martial arts, although we are learning the moves and stuff. I didn't feel so good after last time, but only because i don't think i am as good as my master would like- but then i have only just started. If i didn't exercise in a structured environment without somebody telling me to do this and that i would probably fall down on the floor and decide to sleep instead. I can't do all the things that they say but i think the fact that i try is enough.

You can maybe make some improvement by not stopping exercising abruptly, wind down slowly, so that your breathing starts to return to normal before you have stopped, and try to work on breathing more during the exercise. I think if your breathing is better before you actually stop, and if you have a towel and bottle of water or have a shower straight after it might help a little.

I was in class once, and it was a small room, and very hot and crowded, the lecturer brought attention to this fact, stating that some students become quite faint in those conditions so to put your hand up if you feel that way, and half way through the lecture i was feeling like i was having a freak-out, it became very triggery very fast. I think that may be similar to what you felt.

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#296914 - 07/26/09 11:12 AM Re: Exercise [Re: king tut]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I agree with Lewis on the slowing down and breathing thing. I'm trying to lose some weight and I've been exercising for the past two weeks so far. When I go jogging I usually leave the last five minutes to just walking and cooling down. I heard that if you're breathing is heavy that you could put your hands on top of your head to let your lungs expand which in turn let's more air into them. I usually feel energized after a workout but it's possible that today you were just feeling more upset than usual. Try exercising more and if that problem persist then maybe you should change your workout. Good luck.

Terrick

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.