Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (Bluedogone), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#295658 - 07/17/09 01:37 PM Does anyone speak "Palin"? :)
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Ok, I'm a little behind the current events, but whoa - can someone tell me what the Governor is talking about here? What is she trying to communicate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKm0AwStA8

I have been watching the phenomenon that is Governor Palin since the McCain running mate announcement with some meaure of fascination. But I'm mystified by this announcement.

C.

#295660 - 07/17/09 02:09 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: cstjude]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 12:27 PM)

#295661 - 07/17/09 02:13 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: myboyhoodfears]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, those are statements of facts. But what about the "why"? She obviously was intending to communicate something beyond the facts with the ramblings. What is she getting at? Otherwise, she would have issued a statement to the press and nothing more.

C.

#295675 - 07/17/09 03:23 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: cstjude]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 12:26 PM)

#295924 - 07/19/09 04:57 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: myboyhoodfears]
Anna1988 Offline

My guess is she's resigning either because there are family problems or she's running for president. Personally, if it was family problems she would have resigned when her child became pregnant.

#295932 - 07/19/09 06:16 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: cstjude]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Jude!

Does anyone speak Palin?
ROFLMAO!!!!! laugh

#295935 - 07/19/09 06:36 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: Geeders]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Sarah had lots of problems going on in Alaska. There have been several big scandals during her administration and several of her closest cronies have had to resign and a couple have been indicted for official misconduct too. First she had to pay back the State Treasury there for all of the plane trips that the State paid for her children to take, then she comes down here and Letterman has her for lunch. I can't see how anyone thinks that she is President material if she can't take a little ribbing out of the NYC media. Imagine how well that would play out over time?

The Anchorage Daily News has lots of dirt on Sarah and her cronies if you want to look through their back issues.

www.adn.com

Mark

#295945 - 07/19/09 07:54 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: Trucker51]
Anna1988 Offline

I doubt she would be able to handle being president.

#295951 - 07/19/09 08:22 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: Anna1988]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree. However, she seems to be held up as the great hope of the Republican party nonetheless. I have great respect for American patriotism as it can be a force for unity and a rallying point for a sense of purpose. But, I'm sorry to say, Mrs. Palin's communication style when discussing those ideals does her a disservice. She must have some talents that led to reasonable Alaskans electing her to such high office. But she comes off as being about the soundbite (one example "only dead fish go with the flow" ????) instead of the substance.

C.

#295990 - 07/19/09 11:51 PM Re: Does anyone speak "Palin"? :) [Re: cstjude]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
My guess is that Mitt Romney holds the future of the Republicans in 2012 in his hands. I believe that Sarah is about cooked politically, even though some percentage of the Republican Party memberships seems to be fixated on her at present. At least Romney has plenty of experience dealing with big-city media as the former Governor of Massachusetts. His father was also Governor of Michigan at one time too, so he has that background in his blood too. I can't say what led the citizens of Alaska to elect her to the office that she held there, but I do know that she has plenty of upset critics there these days.

My guess is that her choice as McCain's running mate was less based on what was known about her and more based on trying to pander to aggrieved members of the female community once the Democrats had nominated Obama rather than Hillary Clinton as their candidate. My guess is that the choice of her as McCain's running mate accelerated her departure from political office because of the sudden media exposure which it appears that she was ill-prepared to deal with.

I have to wonder why the choice of other much more experienced Republican women was not made. There were several available choices that the Republican Party could have made that would have offered much more experience than Sarah possessed. Perhaps it was because Sarah was such an unknown that McCain's people thought that they could slip her in and their choice indicates some level of naivete on the senior Republican's part over the sophistication of our modern media and our electorate to quickly root-out facts.

If you are a Republican there is always next time,

Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.