Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Damian1974, GummyBear, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63585 Topics
444226 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#295482 - 07/15/09 11:47 PM Mere Christianity
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Just started working on a 12-step program and steps 1 - 3 deal with surrendering the addiction to God.

I'm struggling with this, don't like to give up control and have also discovered that I have anger towards God (talked this out with my T today).

Anyway, I re-read parts of Lewis's Mere Christianity last week while on vacation. I forgot how informative and inspiring it is. Hard to believe that he wrote it 65 years ago, applies perfectly today.

It's in the "must read" category

Jim

My Story

#295490 - 07/16/09 12:53 AM Re: Mere Christianity [Re: Jim1961]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi Jim1961,

My T has given me on loan the 12 step program. I have been working on step 3, plus i have been giving some thought on asking for help from my higher power.

Little Pete and I have been working on this religion part for the last 3 weeks. We even got the courage to go into a church. we didn't feel at home right away. But we atleast made an attempt at it. But little Pete told me hey, lets give it another chance. Ok, so we went again last Sunday, it felt a little bit better. Then I had given it some thought about talking to the Catholic priest at that church. Is there a place for little Pete & me there? After all these years.
Even after I had denounced HIM and HIS Mother here in this web site and in my heart and soul.
So he listned to me and my story, he listned to me ask for some help in coming back to the religon of my birth. And the very institution who had given me a HOME, compassion, understanding and love. They fed me, gave me shelter & a 4 year education.
He welcomed me back, but I have a lot of work to do to get back in the good graces of God & HIS Mother, as they never left me. But I was the one that left them.

So another small step for little Pete, asking for help from God. Now thats progress indeed.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will take him from the darkness into the sunshine, forever into eternity".
One small step at a time.

Heal well Jim1961, my brother/friend.

Little Pete & big Pete...1 (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#295504 - 07/16/09 02:13 AM Re: Mere Christianity [Re: petercorbett]
Shadow+Walker Offline

Loc: desolate foggy nights, USA
Jim,
Congratulations! WHOO! WHOOOO!! from this gray owl in recognition for your progress. CS Lewis was right on top of it wasn't he? Good reading there, bro! I am proud of you. You have my prayers.

Pete,
I want to congratulate you too! WHOO! WHOOOO!! for your accomplishment as well. You are correct, they never left you. But they aren't sitting there saying "yup, I told ya so!" either. They and the angels in heaven are rejoicing over your return home, Pete. Alleluia!!!

Peace and Prayers,
Shadow+Walker

Check out a cool song by a hot band..."Unbreakable" by Fireflight: official video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRJAHaOrYg

#297422 - 07/30/09 07:22 AM Re: Mere Christianity [Re: Shadow+Walker]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
I have that book. Yes it is a good book.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.