Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447956 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#295383 - 07/15/09 10:40 AM What am I BECOMING?
Tedure Offline

Loc: Utah
During a discussion at church last week someone made a comment about the importance of looking at what we have become as a result of our life experiences both good and bad. They went on to say that our focus should not always be on the bad things that we have done or was done to us or even the good things we have done or have been done for us but what have we become as a result of it all.

This idea of becoming made me think. What have I become as a result of my CSA and life experiences both good and bad? What manner of man am I today? What lessons have I learned or should have learned? Could I have learned them any other way?

Would I have the depth of compassion and love for others had I not experienced what I did?

Would I have the patience, understanding, humility, or empathy that I now have?................Perhaps not.

Perhaps there was no other way for me to become who I was meant to be.

God knew the end from the beginningÖ

This becoming can be a very, very hard journey. At times it is hard to change my focus away from my past and focus on what I am becoming but each healing step brings me closer. Fortunately, we are all given a lifetime to do it!

What are you BECOMING?

#295395 - 07/15/09 12:18 PM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: Tedure]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Hopefully day by day I become more and more a reflection. Shining forth love to all who are in need.

I hope. I pray. I want it so badly.

#295397 - 07/15/09 12:24 PM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: JustScott]
Tedure Offline

Scott,

You are all of this and More! I have read many of your post, You have such great insight and such a loving heart. Thanks for being a great example of the pure LOVE of Christ.

Ted

#295405 - 07/15/09 12:48 PM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: Tedure]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Hi, Tedure.

After spending lots of time wallowing in shame and self-pitty, I made a decision this morning that I am stronger than the abuse, stronger than the sins I've committed. I'm going to come out on top this time; the devil and his demons may tempt me, but they've lost their hold. My strength and hope are in Christ.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#295459 - 07/15/09 08:44 PM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Tedure Offline

John,

Thanks for your great response.. I read some of your past post and you are so right! You are stronger than the abuse, stronger than the sins committed. You are going to come out on top this time.

Your story sounds a lot like mine... I have been in the same spot.

I also have complete faith in Christ especially when he says, ďI will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts and mine angels round about you to bear you up.Ē Christ is now before my face straight in front of me. Many times in my life the rocks have been on my right and left but now I have Christ there to help stop me from hitting them. I focus on my vision which is always straight in front before my face, the space between the rocks. As I do this His spirit fills my heart and His angels bear me up.

Much love and respect, Ted Ure

#295463 - 07/15/09 09:20 PM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: Tedure]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, Ted. I'm blessed to have the support from friends at MS, MT, and a forgiving wife.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#295476 - 07/15/09 10:47 PM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
sojourn111 Offline

Loc: midwest
Gideons Pots - Held in my masters hands of love burning brightly until the moment I am poured out with great purpose. Shattered so as to shatter the strongholds and camps of the enemy. I am becoming a man of love and a man of war.
SD

#295478 - 07/15/09 11:17 PM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: JustScott]
christianfather Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TN
Scott, don't you know? You are all ready those things. How many people have you reached out to and shown compassion? Brother you are these things. And I'm very happy for you.

#295927 - 07/19/09 05:30 PM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: christianfather]
mrd Offline

Ted

I'm becoming more like Christ. He was totally obedient and reliant on our Father. What power that provides. I find as I become Christlike the devil attacks me from sharper angles, for he knows them all. All are enticing but bring server consequences. For God teaches me through the trials. Obedience comes from faith and faith from trials. The Bible says, if you live a Christlike life you will be persecuted. So I try to have patience and wait on the Lord not worrying about evil overtaking me because in the end I will become perfect just like Jesus. What a journey! I find when my focus is on God all is good. But when it is not I'm in deep trouble, yet I still look away (not for very long though) I'm learning.

Peace and Love
mrd

#296010 - 07/20/09 01:06 AM Re: What am I BECOMING? [Re: mrd]
Tedure Offline

Wow... what a great thing to become. Becoming like Christ is also my goal. And you are right Satan does attack with force. But our weaknesses will become our strengths:

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Ted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.