Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
6 registered (Obi, bluesky, Bluedogone, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63541 Topics
443938 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#294833 - 07/10/09 05:03 AM GRRR!!!!!!!!!! KICKED OUT OF MY ROOM!
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
URGH!!!!

I just found out I my parents might kick my out of my own room. they are planning to make a new room for the baby of my sister. god! My sister already took so much from me.... Now they want to take my room!

I would have to share a room w/ my brother or something... at least that's what my dad said....

I just want to be alone in my room...

URGH!

Sorry I just wanted to let that out....

Marvin

Edited by b869 (07/10/09 05:18 AM)
Edit Reason: added the sorry

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#294839 - 07/10/09 05:43 AM Re: GRRR!!!!!!!!!! KICKED OUT OF MY ROOM! [Re: b869]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
How much longer until you go away to college? Who knows, maybe you won't be living there much longer anyway? It doesn't sound fair. What would happen if you told your dad what has been going on? Just wondered. Are there any jobs for young people your age there? I worked at a gas station and at a Denny's restaurant when I was 16, back when my folks made me live in the basement.

Hope that your dad will let you have your own room at least until you go away to college. Keep your fingers crossed,

Mark

#294841 - 07/10/09 05:48 AM Re: GRRR!!!!!!!!!! KICKED OUT OF MY ROOM! [Re: Trucker51]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
I'm not moving out till I finish my premed...

My parents was the one that said I could not move out till I finish my college. If we stayed they would pay for my college so I stayed....

Now they already planing to kick me out of my room..... I haven't even finish my high school yet...

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#294845 - 07/10/09 06:06 AM Re: GRRR!!!!!!!!!! KICKED OUT OF MY ROOM! [Re: b869]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I don't know what to tell you, my man. You don't want to have to share your room with a baby. Is your room big enough to be divided into two rooms? Or your brother's room? Having another wall put in wouldn't be that expensive. Then you and him could at least have some privacy. A door would be a little extra. Is this brother older or younger than you?

Yeah, I was away at my freshman year at college and when I got home I didn't even have a bedroom, just the unfinished basement, with the bugs and the mice. So I know how it feels too. I guess try to make the best of it until you can move-out on your own. Maybe you could get a job and pay a little bit for rent for a private bedroom??? I used to pay $100/month when I was 18-19, but that was 1976. Then I moved-out with a friend because I couldn't stand it at my folk's anymore.

Hope that better days are coming for you.

Mark

#294873 - 07/10/09 12:26 PM Re: GRRR!!!!!!!!!! KICKED OUT OF MY ROOM! [Re: Trucker51]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Marvin,

The baby doesn't need its own room. It's a baby. He or she can sleep wherever your sister is going to sleep. THEY can share a room.

Have you told your parents how much having your own space is necessary for your personal and academic success?

I would fight this one. But fight smart. Use all the reasonable arguments at your disposal. Try to get them to delay the change for a time, ask them to think about who has the greater need for the room - you the pre-med student or the baby. Ask them to consider the message they are sending to you by usurping your room. And, consider student loans and working your way through school. It might take a little longer, but I think having and "exit" plan from your parents house might give you some peace of mind. Even if you don't act on it any time soon, at least you will have a plan B.

Be well,

C.

#295060 - 07/12/09 07:13 PM Re: GRRR!!!!!!!!!! KICKED OUT OF MY ROOM! [Re: cstjude]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I'm just gonna throw this out there Marvin, but what about seeking alternative payments for college. I have several grants (free money) from www.fafsa.gov (a usa site but the Philippines may have their own program) and a student loan.

Perhaps you telling your parents that you would rather pay for your own schooling then share a room would make them realize how serious you are about having your alone time. Granted I'm no premed student (congrats by the way) but I work all day and take night classes. It sucks, but it's better then the alternatives.

If you have a school picked out talk to a financial aid officer or a student adviser. You can try talking to your high school guidance counselors or even research it online. Keep one thing in mind, most of my friends thought that getting an apartment was cheaper then a dorm room. Any garage, attic, or basement you can call home for a few years. My bedroom as a kid was an attic and you get used to it after awhile.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.