Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
4 registered (aniceguy, L84, 2 invisible), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62524 Topics
438156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#294981 - 07/11/09 06:52 PM Why I'm Married.....
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I've come to realize that the only reason I managed to get married (and believe me I did want to get married) is because the woman who was to become my wife wouldn't go away.

Oh I tried to hide and withdraw (especially the first time I really really realized she liked me), but she wouldn't give up. I'd hide at lunch (we were in college) and she's track me down. She'd know I just wanted to be alone, but wouldn't go away.

She does this with people, (It's not a bad thing and I don't want it to sound that way) and as such, all her main friends etc are abuse victims interestingly enough. She like attracts them like flies to sugar water. I really think it is because she isn't deterred by all our attempts to hide and push away and what not. I think that part speaks into our hearts and touches that spot that just wants to be loved.

Truly, if she hadn't done so, I'd still be single. Still too afraid to talk to women (they are scary) and I'd be spending my time alone somewhere, just me and my computer. Probably lost in an endless world of games and what not. Always disconnected from reality and off into some fantasy world.

Hiding away.

Probably never having found this site. It was my inability to hide or run away (I couldn't up and abandon my wife and kids) that brought me to a place where I had to deal with it. It was that same responsibility to them that kept me from ending my life.

So, even on the bad days, the days where I just want to get away, or days when I'm hurt and angry that the reality of it all is there no matter what.

She's good for me.

She likes turtles.

She grabbed hold of this turtle of a man, and even though everyone says you're not supposed to, she's been pulling me out of my shell ever since. Or rather.... she's just been making it hard for me to go back into my shell and hide.

#294984 - 07/11/09 07:10 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: JustScott]
Tedure Offline

Loc: Utah
Scott,

Good for you!! You have started to come out of your shell...Isn't life great when you can see what is really going on? It lets us see other people who need us and we can bless their lives too!!

Enjoy the LIGHT!! Ted

#294988 - 07/11/09 08:10 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: Tedure]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Hey Scott,

It sounds like your wife has brought you into the world of the living in a way that no therapist can even come close to doing. Your story is encouraging for me to hear. To know that there are people out there like your wife is to have my faith in humanity restored that much more. Glad you shared your story.

Rocco

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#294992 - 07/11/09 10:46 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: Casmir213]
InsideTheWall Offline

You're lucky man. I wish I could run across one like that.

#295076 - 07/12/09 09:15 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: JustScott]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I really hope to find someone like that in my lifetime. I don't want to be a burden or get caught up in my own problems and shortcomings to the point that I'm holding them back. Your post gives me some hope that there is some hope out there for me. Thanks.

Terrick

#295079 - 07/12/09 09:28 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: Clockwise]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I truly believe there really is someone for everyone out there.

I say just be open... but I'm the last one to be able to give that advice. My heart is still locked down and I don't know how to open it!!! :-(

It's possible, just don't give up and heal as much as you can!

#295083 - 07/12/09 09:49 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: JustScott]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Scott,

A piece of good advice for all of us.

"It's possible, just don't give up and heal as much as you can"

Thanks for showing us to never give up on ourselves. Even when the goings tought and and we cannot see the end of the journey.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#295085 - 07/12/09 10:03 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: michael banks]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I would love to know how any of you ever felt convinced that you ever wanted to marry anyone at all.

Intimacy.......relationships.........I'll never understand them.......

#295090 - 07/12/09 10:28 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: Hauser]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I think for me... I was desperate to be loved. To be accepted.

That was part of the drive for me. But on my own it would have never happened. I was WAY too afraid of the whole deal and the few times I had attempted to reach out to a few people that I liked or had a crush on, went REALLY bad. Pain and heartbreak beyond belief.

For me it was just the need inside that drove the desire, and I know somewhere inside I thought and felt it would fix a whole lot of things.

There are hard days for sure, but there are good days too.

#295600 - 07/16/09 11:15 PM Re: Why I'm Married..... [Re: JustScott]
helpforhubby Offline

whoops didn't know I couldn't post here..sorry guys!

Edited by helpforhubby (07/16/09 11:32 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.