Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#29490 - 03/15/05 07:48 PM Small talk makes me feel small
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I don't like when people engage me in small talk. Primarily because I don't know what to say. I guess this stems from my self-imposed isolation.

Example, I order from a pizza place regularly at work. The drivers know me and today one of them said "I had a bad day last night". I didn't really know what to say, I had no response.

I feel so stupid when these things happen.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#29491 - 03/15/05 08:33 PM Re: Small talk makes me feel small
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Our friend Albert Ellis would say: (and I wish I could type the gruff voice and inflections)

Quote:
So what!- if you don’t make small talk with the pizza guy? He was probably fishing for a better tip anyway! If you aren’t good at small talk, it’s not terrrrrrrable or horrrrrrrrible… it’s just the way it is, is, is…
I know what you mean though J. It can be really painful.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.