Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
4 registered (petercorbett, ClearSkies, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63422 Topics
443383 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#294406 - 07/06/09 02:40 PM US congressman says it all
jls Offline

#294420 - 07/06/09 05:22 PM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: jls]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Finaly a politition. That is telling the truth .

Even a cat knows when to bury a piece of crap.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#294425 - 07/06/09 06:32 PM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Michael Jackson disgraced his name and everything he accomplished in entertainment because of what he did to innocent children. The media is all about making money and couldn't care less about the morality of what they are doing. It's ashame someone in the media doesn't use this time to educate the public about child abuse in its various forms (including sexual abuse). It would be a great counter balance to the freakshow that's going on now.

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#294460 - 07/07/09 12:43 AM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: Casmir213]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Yea, I saw multiple interviews of people martyring MJ. "Oh, he broke the race barrier". Yea, he broke some serious boundaries too. Some said to not worry about his allogations and focus on how great he was. Yea, let's just go ahead and sweep the fact that he caused immeasurable pain to innocent children that they COULD carry on for the rest of their lives (sarcasm).

The media's a joke.

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

#294472 - 07/07/09 06:13 AM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: endlessjourney]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
jls,

Thanks for posting this link. Pete King hits the nail on the head, I think.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#294671 - 07/08/09 08:23 PM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: jls]
Stormpen Offline

Loc: NYC, US
Wow!

I had no idea who this guy was before this, but he calls it like he sees it. Glad someone in a credible public position finally said something about it.

#296756 - 07/25/09 09:43 AM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: Stormpen]
Richie Dagger Offline

Loc: Mid Atlantic
I understand everyone's anger regarding michael jackson. I don't have an opinion on him either way. I do feel that there are many other people far more deserving of ire, but are not as easy targets. I just ask you to please make sure you research all of someone's positions before elevating them. He may have a strong record on children's issues, but so did Mark Foley. Most of Peter King's other positions and general attitudes I find to be pretty offensive.

#297074 - 07/27/09 09:16 PM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: Richie Dagger]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
The BBC picked this up when they quoted King at the weekend on a wider general piece;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8170429.stm

I don't know enough about King and his politics to comment, but he's entitled to his view, shame that some Democrats who probably agree with him are too gutless to come out and say it. Since the final concerts were going to be in London, until the tributes happen we're going to continue to get stories about the guy with one more month of a slow summer to go.

In the short term I preferred to buy a magazine about him rather than his last album - both were the same low cost. I think Richie Dagger's described my indifference perfectly, being essentially done with him around the same time as the rest of the world and didn't buy the last full album. On the other hand, I was too young for Off The Wall, so I'm missing the "bookends" of his career. He's been handed his punishment from on high by only living half as long as he could have.

I'm more concerned about living survivors than dead (alleged) perps, no matter how talented they were.

#297142 - 07/28/09 09:07 AM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: ComicBookGuy]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
What perplexes me is this guy’s absolute worship of Government Sycophants whose jobs wouldn’t even exist if they didn’t have the power of force to fleece money from taxpayers.

Police, *public school teachers, soldiers who invade and occupy foreign countries that never attacked the United States, etc.

So let me get this right. The news media should be spending the majority of it’s time glorifying government and its sycophant beneficiaries, but not people who actually provide a service that we want and WILLINGLY pay for?

Michael Jackson never forced any one of us to buy one of his albums, not once.

Try not paying your property taxes to fund inefficient and corrupt public schools, let’s see what happens.

Try not paying Federal Excise Taxes to prevent immoral and unjust wars that our “leaders” have joined in on or started abroad for the last 60 years, and see what happens.

Try not paying city and state taxes because you believe that police are corrupt and waste too much time enforcing unjust and immoral laws, and see what happens.

I appreciate plain-spoken people who don’t skirt around or obfuscate their personal feelings, but I find Mr. King’s statement to be soundly unprincipled and short-sited.

*he said “teachers”, but I doubt that he meant parents that teach their own children at home.

#297205 - 07/28/09 09:02 PM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: Hauser]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Well, he is a Congressman in a mainly Democrat State, so perhaps that might have something to do with his beliefs on which groups we ought to be glorifying instead of MJ. The main reason that our news media has put-out the level of coverage that they have is that the period immediately following MJ's death is the best time to unload all of MJ's varied consumer products that were sitting in storage waiting for the gloved-one to make his last tour. And what organization better to get the job done than our news media?

The MJ Money Train just died and nobody wants to be left holding the bag when the music stops.

Love Mr. King's New York accent too!!!

Mark

#297210 - 07/28/09 09:55 PM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: Hauser]
Hopeful1 Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Hey, Hauser, there are guys reading your post who fall into the categories you described so viciously. Please restrict your political comments to political sites.

Now hope that is seen is not hope, For who hopes for what he sees? (Rom. 8:24)

#447080 - 09/13/13 07:55 AM Re: US congressman says it all [Re: jls]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

War
Love
Poetry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.