Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, Still, PhoenixRising, aniceguy), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447606 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#294115 - 07/03/09 07:09 PM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: Sans Logos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
So, everybody does it.

Some have guilt feelings.

But:

What about unconscious (or even conscious) recapitulation of abuse feelings?

If true, then, is it common? Is it harmful?

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Edited by pufferfish (07/03/09 07:52 PM)

#294118 - 07/03/09 07:53 PM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: myboyhoodfears]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brothers in pain.

Well, now a subject that I'm an expert on. (HANDS ON).
Sorry I just couldn't turn down that remark.

From someone who has 60 yrs of experience. I offer my opinions/answers.
Line # 1. Ok I'll go aong with that starement.
Line # 2, Not a problem for me.
Line # 3, Relationships, I never was in a female relationship.
Line # 4, They have me on this one. But when I went to 2 urology appts about ED (erectile disfunction) they told me that the plumbing was ok, sperm count ok.
But the problem was psychologial, (in my head). But nobody ever asked me if I was a victim of childhood sexual abuse, which just might have caused that problem, ED.
Line # 5, Well I don't have prostate cancer, my prostate is small.
I cannot comment on those male sexual hormone levels. I never had them checked that I know of.
I started masturbating at around 8 yrs old with my male sexual agressor.
I was really into masturbating while I was in that orphanage/Home. I was MB'ing by my self every day. And I was 10 years old.
And I have never stopped since. 60 years of experience.
I have no cancer problems with MB'ing.
But I do it because, it feels good. It does not get a headache. It does not go on vacation.
It is (almost) ready when I am.
It just takes me a while longer to get that end result.

But, I will be paying the price for my years of experience.
AS masturbating is a mortal sin, in the Catholic church. So I'll be in hell with my sexual agressors "mom", Ralph & those strangers.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

Edited by petercorbett (07/03/09 07:53 PM)
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#294119 - 07/03/09 08:06 PM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: petercorbett]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: petercorbett
But, I will be paying the price for my years of experience.
AS masturbating is a mortal sin, in the Catholic church. So I'll be in hell with my sexual agressors "mom", Ralph & those strangers.

Somehow I doubt that, Pete. I seriously doubt that. (((Pete)))

#294155 - 07/04/09 02:41 AM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: joelRT]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
oh crap!!! now that was funny joel!!!patrick nomansanisland

#294156 - 07/04/09 02:50 AM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: nomansanisland]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
im gonna quote Macy Gray " im gonna take a moment for myself... one for me and no one else..."

if there is shame attached to it then perhaps your doing in it tne wrong tense...

i cant see myself imagining my abuser or the whole scene.

it is a body workout and a chance to relax and give your own self some pleasure. i am thinking the rituals involved is what our libido needs to keeps going...

to keep passion for life we must have passion of self...

good thread..lol patrick

#294159 - 07/04/09 03:02 AM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: nomansanisland]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think that in a certain sense it's true even in this, that if you can't love yourself how are you gonna be able to love anyone...

#294173 - 07/04/09 08:30 AM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
What was it that Woody Allen said about this? It's "sex with my favorite person"? Something like that. And five things about masturbation? Five?????? Only five?????? laugh

Seriously, so long as you don't do it so much that it interferes with the rest of your life it seems to me that there's not a thing in the world wrong with it. Some have religious reservations, so okay, if that's where you stand then that's fine. But there the issue is those religious precepts, not masturbation itself, which is a normal and almost universal practice.

Having been guilt-tripped by my grandmother and mother about this when I was a young teenager still being regularly abused, it makes me so angry when I talk to someone who has been victimized by guilty feelings based on dogmatic objections to something that's natural and healthy. Maybe the best response to those objections would be "Talk to the hand!"

No pun intended of course.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#294183 - 07/04/09 09:43 AM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: roadrunner]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Thank good ness we aren't in Indonesia. Spanking the monkey is illegal there, and IIRC the penalty is pretty severe.

Edited by LilacLouie (07/04/09 09:48 AM)
Edit Reason: spieling

#294187 - 07/04/09 09:52 AM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: myboyhoodfears]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
MBHF

Why is it that you quote me and then go on to talk about Gay people?

For the sake of the ignorant and the unenlightened - Queer is not Gay and Gay most definitely does not like Queer.

In all respect, I would ask that you never refer to me as Gay.

#294193 - 07/04/09 11:03 AM Re: 5 Things about Masturbation- WebMD [Re: joelRT]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 12:13 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.