Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (PhoenixRising, bcl092, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63571 Topics
444156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#293664 - 06/30/09 02:29 PM i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
what can i say, i had a moment of inspiration i plead temporary sanity.

we are doing a great disservice to the mental health of our male demographic. statistics: 1 in every 6 males has been sexually abused by the age of 16. instead of outing perpetrator behavior, and pointing to resources that lead to healing and recovery, this news media conduit merely jumps on the bandwagon, further adulating a known sexual predator/abuser. all blaming aside, let's look at how perpetrator behavior interrupts the emotional, spiritual and psychic life of its victims. let's do some serious uncovery; instead of pandering to the lowest common denominator of interest in this person as a pop icon, let's instead use this opportunity to effect a true healing of the human spirit by addressing and unpacking the damage and chaos left in the wake of the type of inappropriate boundary crossing, such as the behavior of michael jackson and his those of his ilk. in the larger sense of cultural family that we are, refusing to address this issue is very similar to the scenario of the incest victim whose family system refuses to acknowledge the elephant in the room; doing so continues the cycle of victimization, and makes news media complicit in the act or revictimization as well.

#293705 - 06/30/09 07:23 PM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: Sans Logos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Thank you Ron,

That was very courageous.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#293739 - 06/30/09 09:33 PM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: Sans Logos]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Bravo! Take a bow Ron!

#293755 - 06/30/09 11:21 PM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: Geeders]
Shadow+Walker Offline

Loc: desolate foggy nights, USA
Thanks for speaking out!

Peace,
Shadow+Walker

Check out a cool song by a hot band..."Unbreakable" by Fireflight: official video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRJAHaOrYg

#293928 - 07/02/09 11:17 AM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: Shadow+Walker]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ron,

A courageous move - well done!!! I note the fans are giving you a rough time in the comments, though. It just goes to show the power of idol-worship.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#293959 - 07/02/09 03:25 PM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: roadrunner]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Ron smile You have all of my admiration!

Now, if only CNN would air this comment we might really have something.

In the name of every silenced boy/man, I extend to you my deepest thanks.

#293971 - 07/02/09 06:28 PM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
...thanks guys.....i expected to be pelted with canned tomatoes....and i was.....but i'm used to this type of treatment...hell, my own family is like this....why should strangers be any different.

on other fronts:

obama responds to the associated press in an interview where they mention all the emails they are getting from the black community expressing how disappointed they are that he did not respond with enough respect and passion.

obama's response: "i am glad to see he is being primarily remembered for the great joy he brought to a lot of people through his music" ...... spoken like a true diplomat.

click the link to see

#293972 - 07/02/09 06:47 PM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: Sans Logos]
Charlie24 Offline

Ron I think this is great that took the time to do this my friend.

I realized something after thinking about this post. Your taking a stance that very unpopular, it's almost as if there is this unwritten rule that everyone should be sad and bowing down to MJ and his legacy. That we should be sad and crying and just say how much freaking loved kids cause he was a kid, well that ain't the popular opinion on this site.

The key here is you followed your heart and you listened to it and you spoke up because you felt it was necessary. You put a face and voice to a shame disease known as CSA.

Thank you.

Charlie.

#293989 - 07/02/09 10:06 PM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: Charlie24]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Very courageous Ron. MJ was a stunted man because of an abusive dictator of a father and a mother not strong enough (possibily because she was abused as well) to protect him. I feel sorry for him, BUT he made choices as an adult, skewed choices that harmed children, for that I don't forgive him, but I do pity him. Sadly, CNN and other other media can't or won't take the time to delve into the mess that was his life and the hell he created for others. It was valiant effort Ron and if it reached one person who isn't already "in the know" then it was a successful effort. Thank you.

ROCK ON.......Trish

#294016 - 07/03/09 01:28 AM Re: i made an ireport to cnn on michael jackson [Re: Trish4850]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
hI MY BROTHERS.

VERY COURAGEOUS, RON.

LITTLE PETE & BIG PETE THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING OUT FOR ALL OF US.

HEAL WELL, RON, MY BROTHER/FAMILY/FRIEND.

LITTLE PETE & BIG PETE. ( 1 IRISHMOOSE)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.