Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
2 registered (bluesky, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443342 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#294681 - 07/08/09 09:56 PM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: Geeders]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Brother Darrel,

Wish i could be there with you.

I will be there in spirit with you.

-Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#294690 - 07/08/09 11:55 PM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: healing_inside]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
Larry,

Thanks for your thoughts and good wishes. You say:

Quote:
There is indeed something remarkably therapeutic about revisiting these places, if and when we feel we can do that. To anyone thinking about this I would suggest don't push it if you feel it might be too much for you, and if possible go with someone you have disclosed to.

That is so very true, I really needed my wife's support when I went back the first time, and then when John and I went together, I don't think we could have done it without Dwayne there too.

And yes, I will have people in my corner this time also. There will be, my wife, my older brother, a cousin and a friend. These are all people who know me well and will be there to provide support.

I have been preparing for doing this for nearly 4 years, getting my thoughts and resources together. When I first started, I had no idea how I would present it or if I ever would, it was just something I had to do, and it still is.

And one more thing Larry, thanks so very much for all the support you have been to me over the years.

Love ya
Darrel

#294691 - 07/09/09 12:03 AM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: Derdlecar]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jim (Geeders),

Thanks for your support! I would encourage everyone to do what they can. Not everybody can speak out in a public way like that. I can now but I couldn't have early on in this journey to healing. I've been at it for 20 years now. It takes time to heal to the point that you do something like Mike did. But look what happened, he helped you and one day you will be able to help another. That is what this is all about, in fact, that is what MaleSurvivor is all about.

Love ya
Darrel

#294693 - 07/09/09 12:06 AM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: Derdlecar]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jim (healing_inside),

You, my friend and brother, have been supporting me since the first day I came to MaleSurvivor. And I know that you will be there in Spirit. And I thank you so very much for that.

Love ya
Darrel

#294694 - 07/09/09 12:18 AM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: Derdlecar]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Darrel,

You know I will be there with you in spirit. It's only a couple of days now. I couldn't get the time off. I won't have any more vacation pay till later in the summer.

Love you, Brother

(((((Darrel)))))

John

#294696 - 07/09/09 12:26 AM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: WalkingSouth]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Darrel, my brother.

You wll be speaking for us all. For those lost boys in each and every one of us.

Great courage,

Heal well, my brother.family member.

Little Pete & big Pete... 1 (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#294697 - 07/09/09 12:28 AM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: WalkingSouth]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks John, I love you too Brother!

And hugs right back at ya!
Darrel

#294699 - 07/09/09 12:34 AM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: Derdlecar]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Little Pete & big Pete!

When I come back, I'll let you know how it went.

Love ya
Darrel

#294809 - 07/09/09 11:16 PM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: Geeders]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Darrel, this was my mission and my redemption, this is what "I" had to do. It was and IS my mission. It is my life, to accept this challenge and go with it, wherever it may lead me.

Sadness, pain, looking closer at me, maybe too closer than I can handle or want to, but I will play this out. I will play this out to the end. This is my redemption.

This is my journey, and I will finish what I started.

I think maybe I've taken a different path on my journey, but it is working, for all that's good in this world, it IS!! working .

Stand up and speak Darrel, and I will be standing right there beside you. Always.

My path is different than most, but it's "MY" path.

PM me anytime Brother, I'm with you every step of the way.

Stay strong
Mike

#294917 - 07/11/09 01:16 AM Re: I'm Going Back Again [Re: mogigo]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, I had 7 people show up. The group was small but things went good. The group was a good size for a small group the dynamics were good people talked and participated and there was an exchange of ideas. Thanks guys for the support.

love ya
Darrel

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.