Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446698 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#29384 - 03/20/05 07:11 PM Re: My Story - sort of long
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Mark,

that really was hard to read, and you must have been through so much.

I hope you are on your way to healing through all of this crap.

It still must hurt real hard, but I hope you can stay with us,

ste

#29385 - 03/20/05 10:03 PM Re: My Story - sort of long
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Mark - like yourself and so many others, I am so glad this site is here.

I am glad that you are finding strength and support here. Your story is quite horrendous and it makes me wonder just how many evil people are out there that just don't care a damn about kids.

Childhood should be a sanctuary of positive memories that make you smile in later life. It shouldn't be a living hell that we never forget.

Just remember Roses like manure - the amount of shit that people here have had to put up with must make this site one massive Rose garden.

Best wishes ...Rik

#29386 - 03/23/05 09:56 PM Re: My Story - sort of long
quietabouthis Offline

Mark, thank you for having the courage to post your story. You went through hell and it gives me strength to know that despite this, you have prevailed in many ways - such as being a dad.

Your story was the first I read since registering. I was also abused, in my case by my older brother, and I really need to find some help because it is f*cking up my life. Being here is my first step. My story is similar to the extent that the abusive events somehow made it more likely that further difficulties would come to me. I was in 5th grade and we had just moved to another state, and I was lost and lonely with no friends when my brother (the 'man of the family') invited me to his bedroom and had me masturbate him. I knew about masterbation, and had even jerked off with a friend when I was in 3rd grade, but this was something new, doing it TO someone. He came on my hand and laughed, and I thought it was gross and felt ashamed and embarassed. I returned to my bedroom and some time later - some days or weeks later - my brother returned and showed me how to make my armpit like a pussy, so he could fuck it. I don't recall how that even worked out, but it was not long before he asked me to suck his penis and he sucked mine. It was both a turn on, and disgusting. This went on for a period of 2-3 years. All the while, this brother was the older of the 2 kids at home, and was routinely preferred by my macho just-recovered alcoholic Dad, who did not like me. While they went out, I stayed at home and learned to knit. I started getting in trouble at school and of course incurred the wrath of my father, would would beat me with a hairbrush on my ass. I became a momma's boy at home, but she was an untrustworthy two-faced person too, so I really had no adult I could trust. The abuse ended around 7th or 8th grade - and 2 interstate moves and several schools later - when my brother finally got a girlfriend. But by then I was well-acquainted with what it was to be used by someone, and how allowing someone to get their way provided me with a kind of protection or cover in the chaotic and sick family environment I was raised in. Over time, I found myself unable to be in sports because the aggression amongst males scared me; and somehow I developed into a kind of 'safe' guy that (in my opinion) is devoid of male energy. I am afraid of the kind of male aggression I perceive in others and in myself. So I spent my years being friends with women (but actually wanting to be in their pants, but not having the courage to act because I had so many doubts), and so on. I did become a dad, which I am forever grateful for (despite the fact that the kids can be like little monsters! \:\) but I actually was corraled into this by my wife, who was desperate. Ditto getting married: I was kind of forced into it by my then-girlfriend. So anyway, my aftermath is that I see myself as not really a real man...because I never could get it together to ask girls to dance (or to be on a date even); could not ask my wife to marry me (because I just could not do it); could not make a decision to try for kids (had to be kind of cajoled into it); and never really makes decisive moves. I seem alwayys to be in a kind of suspended animation in the matters of life. And it is driving me crazy and I connect it to these past sexual exploits, which hurt me deeply.

I'd love to hear from anyone for whom any of what i described sounds familiar. I just need to start having a dialogue.

#29387 - 03/24/05 12:24 AM Re: My Story - sort of long
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
Thanks for posting, quietabouthis.
Quote:
this brother was the older of the 2 kids at home, and was routinely preferred by my macho just-recovered alcoholic Dad, who did not like me.
If you want to talk to someone who this sounds familiar to, I'm the guy. My dad got along great with my sister. My mom wore the pants in our family. And I sat home and knitted while dad and sis went and played basketball. I'm not kidding or making this up. My uncle was the perv who used me and eventually got married, denying that he did anything to me. And it's taken me until the last few years to feel like it's OK for me to be a man.

Your brother was a selfish guy who used you. They mess with our heads and then leave us to sort out the rubble for the rest of our lives. Our families shape us, and it's telling our stories that lets us revert back into the form we were meant to be.

I'm glad you found this place and had the courage to share your past with us. Take care.

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.