Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 9 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#293697 - 06/30/09 07:01 PM I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning)
Charlie24 Offline

I'm finally letting it out. I'm allowing myself to have anger and let it out.

I've been thinking about something that has been bothering me for some time now.

I recently had a birthday, turned 25 years old on May 30. I realized at the time I had my b-day with held from my profile for viewing and that may be part of the problem.

Marvin, my good friend Marvin was so kind to make a post about wishing me happy b-day. It meant so much to me that someone cared, some reached out, I didn't have to shout it out as I so often do, someone else took the steps for once.

I was frustrated by the fact that I thought I had friends here, guys who cared about me, wanted to help me. But Marvin was the only one who took the initiative.

I see other guys getting posts for b-days and what not getting posts and several replies.

It made me wonder if people do care about me. For so long it seems like I have scream to be heard in life, get tired of that shit as well.

I also realized after an incident on here that I don't need people here to make me feel happy. It needs to come with in and is going to start coming from within effective immediately.

The flood gates have opened and I'm gonna get angry, and mad and frustrated, cause this is part of the healing process.

No more putting myself aside for others feelings, issues concerns, its me this time.

No more apologizing for myself.

I had a revelation on Sunday night. I've been having a fantasy while masturbating and I had a couple flashbacks. I now understand why I've been having this fantasy, I've been fantasizing about my abuse. Woohoo, what a turning point and revelation in my recovery process as they say. This is a big freaking step and I'm so proud of it for me. I figured it out on my own.

It felt good to have an answer, idea, understanding of my fantasies.

It feels good to get this shit of me. Air my dirty laundry as they say, start to pull out those skeletons that have been hiding in my closet.

It's finally important to realize I matter, I'm important, I'm worthy and I'm a valuable human being.

People who go around putting down others are bullies, who really just hate themselves so much they get off on hurting others or hope to get a rise out of people for attention. They are attention whores, they need it to survive, feel good.

Charles is a good man. He is caring, kind, genuine, loving and most importantly he is HONEST.

He tries and finds the good in others, in things, in life, even though others try to bring it down.

I've really made so much progress in my recovery. Joel was right about that, my friend, very wise of you to say that. You have to stop yourself and remind yourself how far you've come in your recovery. Spoken like a true survivor.

It feels so good to be able to stand up to my sister who verbally abused me growing up, to tell her to F off. To stand up to my father who verbally abused me and made physical threats.

It feels good to stand up to others in life and be assertive. I am assertive and have made so much progress in doing that.

I'm going to start saying to myself for 30 days that I love myself. It's gonna be hard, it's gonna be hell, but it's gonna be worth, give it a try my friend, you might learn a few things.

I'm gonna try and open up my heart and unlock myself from this prison I am in, also from Joel and Daryl. Good advice guys. I'm gonna try and let some love it and let myself experience the joys that come with love, by loving myself.

Well world this Charlie and he is here to f#*#ing stay, no more of this bullshit hiding back. Start telling it like it is.

I'm having a shitty day today. I'm entitled to that, just like so many of you having shitty days. I have good days and I'm thankful, grateful for those days.

Seem to be having more and more these days. Helps cancel out the bad days.

This is me taking a stand and letting all those who really wanna know how I am, truly how I am doing. See guys I did finally answer, just took me a while.

Thanks guys for this site and for the support here. I'm starting to see it helps, in small minuscule ways it really seems to be helping.

Charlie.

Edited by Charlie24 (06/30/09 10:16 PM)

#293700 - 06/30/09 07:06 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: Charlie24]
friendinneed Offline

Hey Charlie,

Well let me first say Happy B-Lated Birth day. Sorry missed it at the time. I will echo you on you being a good, caring, great guy. Beleive it! You every bit as deserving of self-praise. You have been awesome support for me these past few weeks. I wanted you to know you are appreciated.

Peace my friend, Shaun/friendinneed

#293709 - 06/30/09 07:33 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: friendinneed]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
((((((((((((((((((((CHARLIE!))))))))))))))))))))

I'm proud of ya bud!

Originally Posted By: Charlie24
No more putting myself aside for others feelings, issues concerns, its me this time.

No more apologizing for myself.

One day I wish I could learn how to do this...

Charles is a good man. He is caring, kind, genuine, loving and most importantly he is HONEST.

You have helped me out a lot. I may not say much about it but you kind words always have cheered me.

Thanks for being there bud!

Marvin smile

Edited by b869 (07/02/09 02:29 AM)
Edit Reason: made the hug a BIG HUG!

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#293712 - 06/30/09 07:49 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: Charlie24]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
It's finally important to realize I matter, I'm important, I'm worthy and I'm a valuable human being.....Charles is a good man. He is caring, kind, genuine, loving and most importantly he is HONEST.....Well world this Charlie and he is here to fucking stay, no more of this bullshit hiding back. Start telling it like it is.
First of all my good friend, Charlie, had I known that it was your birthday, sadly for you, I'd have sung Happy Birthday to you at the top of my lungs so that you could have heard me all the way to where you are!!!

Secondly, I approve 100% with everything that you said above. smile

#293717 - 06/30/09 08:13 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: joelRT]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CHARLIE24.

To me and others on this web site, YOU DO MATTER. You are worthy of my appreciation.

A powerful post too.

I usually read the birthday list on our side bar. But for some reason I missed you.

So for your belated birthday present,

Little Pete & big Pete, offer you our compassion, understanding and love.

Heal well Charlie24 my brother/friend.

Pete (irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#293847 - 07/01/09 06:39 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: petercorbett]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Happy birthday Charlie 25!!! Halfway to 50!!! You can add your birthdate to your profile so that this doesn't happen again.

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better about yourself.

Mark

#293850 - 07/01/09 07:18 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: Charlie24]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Charlie,

Being able to be who we are and express how we truly feel is often hard. But I am glad that you were able to get this off your chest. You deserve to be able to do it as well as anyone else here or out in the 3-D world.

Take good care of you.

Daryl

Edited by prisonerID (07/01/09 07:21 PM)

#293862 - 07/01/09 09:06 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: prisonerID]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Charlie,

Yes, there does seem to be this unwritten and unspoken convention on the site about how an ability to attract responses somehow reflects the merit of the initial post - and of the guy who posted it. But believe me, it just ain't so! cry

I once commented on a new thread with some totally idiotic remark, for example, and that remark launched the thread into more than 100 comments - all of them as inane as mine! laugh I mean, okay, the whole thing was fun - but real value????????????

On the other hand, I started a thread once with a post about a movie I liked - I really thought I had something to say! But the rest of the site just let it pass and I don't think it got a single response.

So, the moral of the story is that we just never know when a post will take off into a major thread and when it won't. It's one of those crazy things about the Internet. But certainly it doesn't reflect on our value as men or the value of what we need to say.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#293871 - 07/01/09 10:15 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: roadrunner]
Shadow+Walker Offline

Loc: desolate foggy nights, USA
Hey Charlie,

Happy belated Birthday. I don't know how I missed it but I have been trying to send Birthday greetings via PM to all the active members. I have no explanation how I missed seeing yours Bro. If I had I would have PMed you. I'll try better next year. Thanks for understanding.

Peace,
Shadow+Walker

Check out a cool song by a hot band..."Unbreakable" by Fireflight: official video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRJAHaOrYg

#293873 - 07/01/09 10:24 PM Re: I'm really pissed off..... (May Trigger Warning) [Re: Charlie24]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Happy Birthday Charlie,

That was an incredibly powerful post Charlie. I'm glad I could witness it. I support you in your efforts to break the mold and own all of who you are, because you're right all of who you are is valuable.

You deserve to be able to have a bad day and be able to express it in anger when that's what you're feeling. More power to you.

I'm also glad to hear of the other successes you mentioned in your post (insights, being assertive) and that you're getting something real out of being here. That is encouraging for us all to hear.

Thanks for being you Charlie,

Rocco

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.