Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
7 registered (OCN, traveler, skyguy, 3 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444475 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#293660 - 06/30/09 01:58 PM obama LGBT pride reception
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i really do consider this a topic pertinent to recovery, because our own self acceptance and wider scope of healing seems to hinge upon the acceptance of the wider community. this encourages us to know that we are not alone, that there is hope, and that we don't have to fear coming out of the shadows to seek what amounts to true and deep healing for us.

so many of us have experienced abuse at the hands of perpetrators who took advantage of our particular orientation to overpower and rape us, so in that regard, who we are as other oriented survivors of sexual abuse, can now feel more confident than ever that support of our cause comes not only from above, but from within. and that is good news for all other oriented survivors.

i hope you find this as meaningful, and as much a source of healing and support as i.

#293667 - 06/30/09 02:43 PM Re: obama LGBT pride reception [Re: Sans Logos]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
What a drag that Christianity has become the most immoral generation ever. Because that's what you are in this day and age, a generation. You're children will be ashamed of you.

Just as the generation that denied Blacks their right's, so you, will fall into the history books.

Thank god for that.

tears here for this videon SL. Thank you.

Stay strong
Mike

#293689 - 06/30/09 05:47 PM Re: obama LGBT pride reception [Re: mogigo]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Sans Logos
because our own self acceptance and wider scope of healing seems to hinge upon the acceptance of the wider community

I think you nailed it with that statement - which encourages yet saddens me as well. Depending on where/what our "wider community" is and who it is made up of...

Thanks for sharing this, S/L. As always, I enjoy your thought-provokers.

Keep letting the music flow.

Originally Posted By: mogigo
What a drag that Christianity has become the most immoral generation ever.

Well ... sure seems so of the "Christian Right" (as in right wing - not right/wrong) - but sure understand the sentiment, Mike. But for me - I'm still proud to wear the name "Christian", hope always to be. Not proud at all of what others who try to state the same are being caught up in - but I think it's a good thing God is allowing not only that they be caught in the act - but that it is so public. It's about time some people were knocked down and the rest of the world hear they are no better or worse than anyone else. We're all in this together. It's called "family".

Thanx, guys. Good discussion!

M

M

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.