Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, Tiger1982, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63220 Topics
442072 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#292879 - 06/24/09 05:41 PM where do some posts go
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
I was just wondering why sometimes i try to view a post and its thread and you click on it but nothing comes up. Does that mean that the person deleted it? Or something else?

Rocco

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#292880 - 06/24/09 06:29 PM Re: where do some posts go [Re: Casmir213]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi rocco,

under 'topic options' at the left top of the page next to 'new rply' there is a drop down menu which allows you to select the mode which the thread will be displayed. i used to notice that when i had 'threaded mode' selected, this would often happen for me as well. i always view topics in flat mode, so that way, you see each post in the order that is it is made, and when a response is made to a certain post, it tells you who it is in response to.

i don't know if that is issue, but you could check that out.

otherwise, sometimes people do delete posts, but even when they do, they cannot eliminate it because our ubb software assigns each one a number, and in that sense become part of a history. all that can be deleted is the text, but not the numerical position of the post itself.

sometimes posts are removed to an area for administrative discussion when there is something questionable. but again, even then, they cannot be deleted once they existed after the 'submit button' has been clicked.

i hope this helps,

ron

#293000 - 06/25/09 12:42 PM Re: where do some posts go [Re: Sans Logos]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Thanks Ron.

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.