Newest Members
TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo, Laurie
12485 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
8 registered (Nothing Man, OCN, dan_in_newengland, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12485 Members
74 Forums
64148 Topics
447575 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#292440 - 06/20/09 10:24 PM The Ghetto *A Rant*
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
It's been so long since I spent the night in my old neighborhood. Now I remember why I hate it here so much. The air is so thick that it's suffocating. I'm afraid to be outside. I'm afraid to be inside. Every car that comes around the corner I'm thinking "oh no, a driveby." They look at me trying to figure out who I am. They've never seen me before. I don't want then to know me. Drugs, guns, gangs, hopeless children and people run like rivers. Everybody is nothing. Everybody and everything is a threat. I don't trust anyone here. Everyone is a threat. I'm not better than them, I'm just not like them. I can't wait to go home.

Thanks for listening.

Terrick

#292839 - 06/24/09 12:21 PM Re: The Ghetto *A Rant* [Re: Clockwise]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I used to enjoy the excitement of the inner city when I was on drugs before my drug habit forced me to live there. Then it got to be kind of old after a while. Even after years of recovery I was still driving there every day at work. But as I prospered in my recovery I gradually moved away from wanting much of anything to do with the inner-city and my former friends there. I would much rather be a part of the suburban community that I have called home for the last 9 years. I'm willing to work hard to keep what I have.

Hope that life favors you enough to keep you out of your old neighborhood.

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.