Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441397 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#292535 - 06/21/09 09:53 PM Making something of myself replies welcome
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
I am really looking at myself today and seeing all of the mistakes I have made, but I am at a place right now where I really want to be successful and make something of myself and stand out in the world. There are a lot of successful people on this board and I am wondering how you all got there advice welcome.

#292558 - 06/21/09 11:59 PM Re: Making something of myself replies welcome [Re: sportinrucks]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Hi Sport,

I guess I would ask you what you define as "successful"? smile

I am very happy to hear that you are ready to embrace a wider experience. That is very positive. But what does it mean to be successful for you?

C.

#292564 - 06/22/09 12:45 AM Re: Making something of myself replies welcome [Re: cstjude]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I have read some books by survivors who were badly wounded as children and still went on to accomplish a lot.

One of them (I am still reading this) is by the football hero Herschel Walker. The book is named: Breaking Free. He gives in some detail how he attained athletic success. He also became a restaurant owner. I recommend that book to motivate you. He really gives a lot of his success formula and not just for athletics.

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Free-Diss...5487&sr=1-8

Another book is by the Miss America star, Marilyn VanDerber. Her book is named: Miss America by Day. Of course she wasn't a guy, but you can learn things from her book.

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-America-Day-B...5758&sr=1-2

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#292806 - 06/24/09 01:02 AM Re: Making something of myself replies welcome [Re: pufferfish]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Rucks,

That is a good question, what is success? Certain to be happy I would think. But yeah there may be other goals you are thinking of and want to achieve. Don't be afraid to give it a try. But certainly for me being happy is half the battle (if not more). Of course, what makes me happy? That is a tough one.

Eric

#292955 - 06/25/09 01:21 AM Re: Making something of myself replies welcome [Re: ericc]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
sportin, you are a success...you are here, if memory serves me right you're in college. My observation is we place ourselves where we are supposed to be. by compulsion, you took yourself to college and are trying to make changes. That you did this proves that you are on the way to success. This comes when you are ready for it. when you get tired of doing things your own way, you make changes. They are ones you were obviously ready to make, you drempt them up and thats the key. be everything that you dream yourself to be. it was there all the time, now youre ready.Times are tough sportin, there are careers and jobs...sometimes you have to take a job or two to get to the career. i am wishing the best for you. i am praying for you since i spoke to you in chat a few days ago. take care man ! nomansanisland

Edited by nomansanisland (06/25/09 01:24 AM)
Edit Reason: typos...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.