Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (wiresguy1), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63172 Topics
441741 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#291982 - 06/16/09 10:44 PM I really "am ok to be me" !!!
oktobe_me Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi all,

It is a delight to introduce myself to such a wonderful, courageous group of fellow human beings who can relate to my story without judgment or labeling and for that, I am grateful!

I survived years of sexual abuse at the hands of 17 perpetrators. Most of my abuse happened in childhood 6-16, and in early adulthood, I was accosted and violated by several clergy after they became aware of my childhood issues.

Today, I have peace in my life. Time is a great healer and to be active on a personal as well as professional level with survivors is a plus in my recovery! I was active in SIA in my hometown for a number of years until the chapter closed.

I joined this site for fellowship and to offer hope to those who might be feeling the need to borrow a portion of my hope, please feel free to borrow hope( for years I lived on borrowed hope)...the more I give away, the more I have, interesting how that all works!

That is it for the intro for now. I am looking forward to the communication and support I have already witnessed as I browsed the various posts.

Thanks for having me and thanks for being here, a light in the darkness for many men looking to thrive on wings as eagles and experience an abundant, freedom-filled life!

Sincere hugs,

Ok to be me !

Edited by oktobe_me (01/19/13 09:42 PM)

#291988 - 06/16/09 11:06 PM Re: I really "am ok to be me" !!! [Re: oktobe_me]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
....and it was a delight to meet you this evening derrick! looking forward to watching you grow and blossom in your recovery here at male survivor!

all the best,

ron

#292029 - 06/17/09 05:18 AM Re: I really "am ok to be me" !!! [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Welcome to our support site Derrick, glad that you found us. Some of us here are just starting their recovery journeys, and others are well into advanced recovery, with just about every point in recovery in-between covered here too. You are certainly welcome to participate here no matter your background or what point that you occupy on the recovery road. My own story includes 11 different perps between age 5 and 18, plus physical and emotional abuse at the hands of my parents, plus clergy abuse, plus religious abuse at the hands of my parents and their friends too. My recovery was a difficult one yet with lots of help I have now lived the best 9 years of my life since leaving my last support group. Much of what I do here is trying to offer my support and help mentor guys here who are still struggling. We could use another voice of experience here too.

Hope that our association will be a profitable one for all of us,

Mark

#292283 - 06/19/09 01:04 AM Re: I really "am ok to be me" !!! [Re: Sans Logos]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Derrick, cool

Let me just add my voice of welcome and say how pleased I am that you've joined forces with us - I think that you probabbly know by now that recovery is something that we do for ourselves but not by ourselves. It good to have you here smile

#292354 - 06/19/09 06:37 PM Re: I really "am ok to be me" !!! [Re: joelRT]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
welcome ,this place is great and i now you will find many many threads here that can relater to your situation , unfortunately . but good luck and god bless

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#415817 - 11/09/12 07:08 PM Re: I really "am ok to be me" !!! [Re: joelRT]
oktobe_me Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi can you edit your post and remove my name...thanks

#415999 - 11/12/12 01:44 AM Re: I really "am ok to be me" !!! [Re: oktobe_me]
bravebaobao Offline

Edited by ModTeam.

Edited by ModTeam (11/12/12 02:15 AM)
Edit Reason: Spammer

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.