Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, Nothing Man, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447704 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#291436 - 06/13/09 03:15 PM Statute of Limitations in CT
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Does anyone know if there is a statute of limitation modification bill going to be introduced in Connecticut in the near future, or has already been, or a site or source I can find out from? The current statute is horrible.

PM me if you want to know the current statute.

J.R.

#291438 - 06/13/09 03:36 PM Re: Statute of Limitations in CT [Re: J.R.]
NJadvocate Offline

Loc: New Jersey
JR, are you inquiring about the criminal or civil statute of limitations? I take it you are referring to the statute which would apply to the sexual abuse of a minor? Please clarify.

Regarding Connecticut I believe it was amended in the past 2 years or so but I will research and get back to you...I know there is a website which has info on these statutes for most states but you must make sure they are up to date.

#291485 - 06/13/09 09:49 PM Re: Statute of Limitations in CT [Re: NJadvocate]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I would like to know the criminal and civil statutes in CT. I am referring to the statute that talks about sexual abuse of a minor. Most specifically, how long can an individual wait before he can prosecute such said perpetrator.

Please get back to me with what information you have.

J.R.

#291489 - 06/13/09 10:02 PM Re: Statute of Limitations in CT [Re: NJadvocate]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: NJadvocate
you must make sure they are up to date.

That's exactly the problem with so much of the online data, unless it is coming from the official source of the state itself. Collections of this material are put up on the net, but it's difficult or impossible to say how well they are being kept up-to-date. One list, for example, may have a significant error (or errors) in it; then if and when that list is copied and posted elsewhere, the same errors will of course appear. So even checking in several places can still mislead you unless you know you are looking at an official source. You might just be seeing copies of copies.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.