Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (Nothing Man, 4 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64170 Topics
447791 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#291472 - 06/13/09 08:40 PM AM I GAY?
aquawet Offline

Loc: USA
I have wondered since I was 10 if I was Gay.
I was abused by college guys who watched me while my Mom taught at a local univ. My Mom said I was to old for a babysitter at 13, but they came around telling my Mom they were tutoring me in math. I like to make out with guys At Parties and from the classes I work.
My Mom has never known this has been the hardest secret to keep from her. She has been a great mother. I was born a bastard.
She had to work hard to get to where she is.
I am scared and ashamed I am Gay.
Will

#291475 - 06/13/09 08:49 PM Re: AM I GAY? [Re: aquawet]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
will, if you're gay, you're gay. there is no shame in that. if you're not, that's ok as well. many of us guys who are gay and were abused by other males learned to internalize cultural homophobia, causing us to loathe ourselves for being who we are.

it would probably be a good idea to work out these significant question with a therapist who specializes in male survivor issues. also, reading and absorbing mike lew's compelling survivors bible 'victim's no longer' will help put things in perspective for you.

whatever you are, you are just fine, and don't need adjusted. just be honest with yourself, and you will turn round right soon enough.

all the best,

ron

#291514 - 06/13/09 11:25 PM Re: AM I GAY? [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Perhaps you ought to check this link out first. One of our senior staff members here, Ken Singer LCSW, is writing a book on recovery from CSA and this is a preliminary take from his book. Certainly a lot of guys get confused about their sexuality when they get sexually abused as kids. It sounds like you are fairly young yet too, so the jury may yet be out on your developing sexuality too.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...5223#Post285223

Hope that this helps you a little,

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.