Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
2 registered (outis, Bluedogone), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63193 Topics
441855 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#291218 - 06/11/09 10:51 AM Hate not having a regular ISP connection
Medic911 Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have to use my laptop at hotspots. I live in a small town, so where I go doesn't bring alot of hotspot users. That, and the security settings on my laptop make me feel somewhat confortable using the hotspot. I do not do any online banking or stuff like that however. Because of this I have to check when I can.

#291228 - 06/11/09 11:11 AM Re: Hate not having a regular ISP connection [Re: Medic911]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I know lot's of people that SPLIT (verbal agreements obviously) the charges for high-speed internet by sharing their wireless connection. They encrypt the signal and only they know the key. They have all the bandwidth they need and it cuts their bill in half. Ever thought of trying that if possible?

#291248 - 06/11/09 02:55 PM Re: Hate not having a regular ISP connection [Re: Hauser]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
If you don't have cable or telephone based high speed service in your area yet I have seen a new higher-speed internet service being offered from one of the satellite dish providers recently. The service is not quite as high speed as the others, but it still is 20-25 times faster than dial-up service, and is available just about everywhere. The ad that I saw was from a company called Hughes, but both Direct TV and the Dish network have it too. Then you could take Alan's suggestion and try to share the internet service with a close neighbor too.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.