Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445491 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#290799 - 06/08/09 03:07 PM trying to explain this...
Daniel_forgotten Offline

..i've been trying to type anything for like an hour.. feel like extremely embarrased of being posting this... i am DID, diagnosed 2 weeks ago. i (daniel) wasnt aware of this.. now i am of course. im learning more and more each day... eventhough i seem to be 'gone' these days .. i just feel like zoning out, not really remembering anything... and then I find out others have chatted, sent PM's and stuff... i m not sure how I feel.. a little numb i guess. i have no T at the moment, situation is a bit hard. but we (i and others) will get better i promise

I don't know how to handle this.. i don't know if mods could get mad at them -me- for this .. i can't explain how i feel but i guess i'd want them to be free to express themselves.. maybe i could get advice from some of the guys who have been dealing with this for a time now? i just feel stupid saying out loud 'they' did this 'they' said that.. but it is how it feels

last thing i just want to make public this so it gets really clear, please, please ..
some of you may know bits of me since i find the chatroom extremely good for letting some things out or just talking randomly... some may know things have been real hard these days.. some may feel guilty about some stuff.. i just want them to know nothing NOTHING NOTHING!! is their fault current problems aren't new they have just been hidding for some time... this was to come out again anytime. i know it won't get better until i start to really work on my issues.. being aware of so many things now has done good in many ways actually. please forgive me if i caused any harm.

daniel

#290811 - 06/08/09 04:39 PM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Charlie24 Offline

Daniel buddy I'm glad you've posted this bud. I've always found it's helpful to have a name or know what is wrong.

It can be therapeutic to let things out and not bottle them up bud. You seem to be doing as best you can, given the circumstances.

It's good you've begun this recovery process and helping yourself get better bud.

Good luck you to you Daniel.

Your bud, Charlie.

P.S. You ever want to talk feel free to PM me bud.

#290826 - 06/08/09 07:32 PM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: Charlie24]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Daniel,

Originally Posted By: Charlie24

It can be therapeutic to let things out and not bottle them up bud. You seem to be doing as best you can, given the circumstances.

Yeah I agree w/ charlie.

Good luck to you Daniel

You know I'm here for ya right? laugh

you can PM me too if you want smile

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#290827 - 06/08/09 07:48 PM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: b869]
behindthewall Offline

Loc: US
im glad ur back daniel and gettin it all out. now that u know it can be faced right? you know im here for ya.

#290829 - 06/08/09 08:00 PM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: b869]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Daniel,

I have been wondering about you. Glad to see your post. I truly wish you the best in this new turn of events. May I say something from the heart? Let go of mistakes, whether real or assumed, and forget them. If others cannot that is on them.

Not sure who diagnosed you but perhaps they could help with a therapist? Mine told me today about free help for abused men through the United Way. You might call them. Not sure if they do therapy long term or what they do exactly but it might be a good step. If I did not like mine I might look into it.

Take a deep breath. It is a new doorway to go through to find what you need. People here truly care about you.

Daryl

Edited by prisonerID (06/08/09 08:03 PM)

#290830 - 06/08/09 08:01 PM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
daniel,

honesty and transparency is always the best approach. it makes us feel a lot safer to know what we are dealing with. we are in this together, and letting us know where you stand will enable us to give you the kind of support you truly need. thanks for sharing your truth, and don't worry, you will not be judged for that, only loved even more. promise!

all the best,

ron

#290861 - 06/08/09 11:14 PM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: Sans Logos]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Daniel,

The ModTeam is attentive to the special situation that guys are in if they suffer from DID or dissociate a lot, especially in chat. You won't be judged or considered an annoyance for that, believe me.

But it's for the best that you disclosed this diagnosis. It will help others to understand what you're going through and they will take that into consideration when they are relating to you in chat.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#290863 - 06/08/09 11:16 PM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: Sans Logos]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Daniel,

Glad to see you posting on this part of your recovery. I know you have been struggling with this newly revealed part of your csa story. It takes alot of strenght and courage to face the thinge we would rather not be part of ourselves.
Know that your honesty and transparency will not only benfit you but also those who come after you.
keep coming back. Remember you are no longer alone.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#290867 - 06/08/09 11:34 PM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: michael banks]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Daniel,

I haven't talked with you before, but I wanted to add that I respect your courage in being able to talk about this. That is a great way to start a journey of healing related to what you are going through. Your courage will help others and that is a wonderful thing. That is the great thing about this place, where one person's courage ends up creating courage in others.

Eric

#290910 - 06/09/09 02:55 AM Re: trying to explain this... [Re: ericc]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Daniel,

I dont do chat however I just want to say that you have a ton of guts to make that post. You have my respect and I wish you well

Dusty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.